Open today: 8:30 AM - 7:00 PM

from US$370.30
from US$262.57
from US$262.57
More Info
All reviews jade pieces support local rainy day whole process unique experience heli hike necklace stone jan carvings pounamu workshop grinding activity treasure weather coast
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 May 2021 via mobile

My partner and I ended up carving necklace stones for most of his family- over nearly 5 hours. It was very enjoyable and they turned out beautifully! I highly recommend this awesome activity, especially on a rainy day.

Date of experience: May 2021
Reviewed 30 April 2021 via mobile

Jan is an amazing and very patient teacher!!! I brought my two girls aged 8 and 14 and we all did our own carving. She gave us lots of encouragement and support. The girls could do every part of the process and it was a unique, very enjoyable and memorable experience. Jan is open, easy to talk to and the two hours just flew by! Thank you!!!!

Date of experience: April 2021
Reviewed 23 March 2021

Visited on a wet West Coast day. I was a little bit sad because I'd just lost my pounamu necklace the day before, but Jan was very welcoming and helpful and patient with my efforts. She also told me that my necklace wasn't actually lost.
Two days later, I drove back to where I'd lost my necklace and there it was, still sitting beside the road where it had fallen out of my bag. So, now I have two beautiful pounamu necklaces, along with a great story.
Ngā mihi ki a koe.

Date of experience: March 2021
Reviewed 21 March 2021 via mobile

We had the absolute pleasure of visiting Jan at the workshop @ Te Koha, not once but twice. Ben our 9yo insisted we visited again 2 days after our first visit. Jan is an absolute treasure and is very hands on making sure everyone takes home an awesome piece of pounamu. Yes, you actually choose a piece of pounamu and design and make it yourself. We will definitely be up here again just to do this. Thank you so much.

Date of experience: March 2021
Reviewed 22 February 2021 via mobile

Awesome place, lovely people. Highly recommended. Guided through the whole process. Go and support local kiwi businesses .

Date of experience: February 2021