Open today: 8:30 AM - 7:00 PM
Review Highlights
A must do experience

What a truly fun experience! We spent the morning with Jan who taught us about pounamu and guided... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
ange_82_foxtrot
Sydney, Australia
via mobile
Great time carving

My partner and I ended up carving necklace stones for most of his family- over nearly 5 hours. It... read more

Reviewed 4 May 2021

from US$370.82
from US$262.94
from US$262.94
More Info
All reviews jade pieces support local rainy day whole process unique experience heli hike necklace stone jan carvings pounamu workshop grinding activity treasure weather coast
Selected filters
Reviewed 23 March 2021

Visited on a wet West Coast day. I was a little bit sad because I'd just lost my pounamu necklace the day before, but Jan was very welcoming and helpful and patient with my efforts. She also told me that my necklace wasn't actually lost.
Two days later, I drove back to where I'd lost my necklace and there it was, still sitting beside the road where it had fallen out of my bag. So, now I have two beautiful pounamu necklaces, along with a great story.
Ngā mihi ki a koe.

Date of experience: March 2021
Reviewed 21 March 2021 via mobile

We had the absolute pleasure of visiting Jan at the workshop @ Te Koha, not once but twice. Ben our 9yo insisted we visited again 2 days after our first visit. Jan is an absolute treasure and is very hands on making sure everyone takes home an awesome piece of pounamu. Yes, you actually choose a piece of pounamu and design and make it yourself. We will definitely be up here again just to do this. Thank you so much.

Date of experience: March 2021
Reviewed 22 February 2021 via mobile

Awesome place, lovely people. Highly recommended. Guided through the whole process. Go and support local kiwi businesses .

Date of experience: February 2021
Reviewed 6 January 2021 via mobile

This is a hidden gem... yes that was a poor attempt at a pun. This is a home based studio just 6 ks south of the township. You are warmly welcomed by the family pets and made to feel part of the family from the moment you arrive. Jan is great at knowing when to step in and help and when to leave you to just give things a go. She is very supportive and encouraging.

I have always wanted to learn how to do stone carving. Who knew I would enjoy it just so much!! I made a morepork or ruru for my mum. She loves it.

Date of experience: January 2021
Reviewed 5 November 2020 via mobile

Awesome visit today. Made my own bracelet and really enjoyed the experience of picking your own stone then grinding it to shape. Thanks so much :)

Date of experience: November 2020