Open today: 8:30 AM - 7:00 PM
Review Highlights
Best experience on the coast

What a win...ours boys aged 15 and 13 loved this whole experience. Jan the owner operator was so... read more

Reviewed 18 July 2021
francesh37
via mobile
A must do experience

What a truly fun experience! We spent the morning with Jan who taught us about pounamu and guided... read more

Reviewed 29 May 2021

from US$364.63
from US$258.56
from US$258.56
More Info
All reviews jade pieces support local rainy day whole process unique experience heli hike necklace stone jan carvings pounamu workshop grinding activity treasure weather coast
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 March 2019 via mobile

Super fun activity for a rainy Day and a sweetheart of a host who was super helpfull had a wonderfull time and left with a lovely ston

Date of experience: March 2019
JanneneJ, Owner at Te Koha Gallery, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2019

Thank you Lisa for your kind words. It was a pleasure meeting you.

Reviewed 2 March 2019

I read about this activity on Tripadvisor before heading to NZ and thought it would be a different and unique experience to do this whilst I was out there and did not regret it! Jan was very patient and explained each of the various stones and how to carve them. It's an experience that I'll never forget!

Jan was also kind enough to let me stay at the gallery afterwards until my bus was due, as it was pouring down with rain that day and drop me to the bus stop after. Thanks so much Jan. Really appreciate it! :)

Date of experience: February 2019
1  Thank ekti_r

Thank you so much for your review. It was lovely to host you and I hope the rest of your holiday was drier.

Reviewed 15 February 2019

I had my carving experience with Te Koha through my tour group and I must say it was an amazing experience. My wife and I loved it so much that we went back without the tour and did it a second time. Jan (who runs it) is one of the nicest people you'll probably ever meet and I love her to bits. Thanks so much Jan (Alex and Duyen)

Date of experience: February 2019
JanneneJ, Owner at Te Koha Gallery, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2019

Alex and Duyen,
Thank you so much. It was a lovely day with you two. All the best.

Reviewed 5 January 2019 via mobile

We just did 'Carve your own 'experience to day. It was an unique experience and I made a really special gift for my friend. We chose the stone we wanted, drew the shape, carved it and polished. Like Jan said,u put your energy into the stone. The one made by yourself is the best jade you ever had.

Date of experience: January 2019
JanneneJ, Owner at Te Koha Gallery, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2019

Thank you so much for your review. Lovely to meet you.

Reviewed 4 December 2018 via mobile

This was one of the most hands on amazing experiences of my New Zealand trip so far. Jan is so kind and hilarious 11/10 recommended to everyone of all ages!!

Date of experience: December 2018
JanneneJ, Owner at Te Koha Gallery, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2018

Thank you so much. It was a great day with great folks like yourself.