HeliServicesNZ Fox & Franz
Open today: 7:30 am - 7:30 pm
Twin Glacier Franz and Fox, snow landing (allow 30 mins - departing Franz Josef)

Book in advance
from
US$234.47
per adult
Check availabilityView full product details

Ways to Experience HeliServicesNZ Fox & Franz
from US$234.47
from US$182.36
from US$322.39
from US$234.47
More Info
All reviews snow landing grand tour helicopter flight aoraki mt cook next morning tasman glacier short flight fresh snow bucket list pilot fox company weather nz safety refund activity
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 April 2018

We went on this trip on a beautiful day. Blue skies and sunshine, great views and a snow landing! Amazing experience. Would love to do it again.

Date of experience: February 2018
Michael N, General Manager at HeliServicesNZ Fox & Franz, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2018

Thank you Joan W for your great review. We would certainly love to take you again on your next visit. We are very pleased you had an amazing experience.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

There are a lot of helicopter companies operating out of Franz Josef and Fox Glacier, and I can't say I've heard a bad word about any of them. We were recommended to these guys and they didn't let us down.

As an experience, it's simply incredible!

From a company perspective, they're fantastic from start to finish - booking staff, check-in staff, ground staff out on the pad, and finally the pilot. All friendly, laidback people there to make sure the experience was as incredible as the one we had.

The launch point is right in the middle of the Franz Josef township as well, so it's walking distance from most accommodation too!

We travelled in a six seater (+ pilot), with a smooth and comfortable ride all the way up and back (my first chopper experience). Flights are based around weather conditions, and if the cloud comes in too low then you sadly have to wait until it clears (or obtain a refund I expect).

We took the twin glacier flight with one landing, in our case on Franz Josef Glacier. Left the Franz Josef pad and flew straight up the glacier at a fairly low altitute, affording a great view all the way up (with windows allowing for plenty of photos as well). At the top we landed at a lovely open spot, with plenty of room to walk around, take photos and play in the snow. Our pilot (Ken - who was fantastic!) offered to take photos for anyone who wanted with their camera, and also took some himself (would you believe he had a picture-quality printer for near-instant prints in the back of the chopper? - these are available for purchase on landing).

After a reasonable time up on the glacier, it was time to leave, heading off to the south with great views back down Franz Josef before heading over to almost-as-spectacular Fox Glacier, tracking back down it's line, followed by a quick cross-country trip over the glacier deltas back to our starting point.

I couldn't recommend it more highly!

Date of experience: September 2017

Thank you Andrew G for your great review. Wow, what a great write up about your "simply incredible experience" and high recommendation. Very happy you had such a great experience and your description was amazing. Great review!

Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

A fantastic trip to Mount Cook and the two associated Glaciers. Jamie the pilot was outstanding and made sure our journey was informative and enjoyable. From beginning to the end of our adventure the staff were very attentive and helpful. I fully recommend this company.

Date of experience: March 2018
1  Thank russellm702
Michael N, General Manager at HeliServicesNZ Fox & Franz, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2018

Hi Russell M, thank you for your wonderful review. Great to hear your pilot Jamie was outstanding in making your experience informative and enjoyable. We work hard to promote to our staff how important it is to be helpful and attentive. Thank you so much for your recommendation.

Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

This was an absolutely incredible experience especially as I had never been in a helicopter before but that was all tainted by the extremely poor customer service.

When I first rang I was surprised with how rude the person on the phone was, especially as I was ringing to book something. Instead it appeared my whole phone call was an inconvenience. When I arrived a few days later the customer service was exactly the same despite it being a different person. Not entirely sure why the customer service was so poor especially considering this for a lot of people will be the highlight of their trip.

The pilot was the only person I met while dealing with this company that was any good. He was fantastic and made a real effort with everyone on our tour. I wish I got his name so I could give him the credit he deserves.

All in all an amazing bucket list moment, ruined by the poor customer service.

Date of experience: March 2018

Hi foodguru010390, thank you for reviewing our company. Fantastic to hear your had an incredible experience having never been in a helicopter before.

It is certainly a concern you felt customer service was not up to standard and we have already had a briefing with staff discussing your disappointment. It is such a busy time of the year, we still need to be mindful of our customers and the need to still be as attentive and helpful as possible at all times should never diminish. I thank you for your input and hope that you can come back another day so we can show you our greater customer service. I am pleased to hear your helicopter flight was an amazing bucket list moment.

Reviewed 3 March 2018

We'd booked the 'Grand tour' which the literature states 'The “granddaddy” of all flights! Explore both the Fox and Franz Glaciers as well as Mt Cook and Mt Tasman. We top this off by landing you on the snow for photo opportunities.'
When we arrived to check in we were advised that the weather was closing in a bit and we might not be able to do the full flight.
We eventually took off about 10 minutes late and did only manage to get onto Franz Josef. Mount Cook was starting to cloud over, and it was good that we managed to land at all. Our total flight time was about 25 minutes.
But all would have been fine had we not been charged the full amount ($455). At no point did anyone mention our flight would be really shortened and there was no mention of a refund.
We decided to go back to the office and ask for a refund. We were refunded $130 each (this took us to the 30 minute flight cost) but it was refunded very reluctantly and we were made to feel like we were being total pests. There were no apologies or anything.
I loved the snow landing, our pilot was really good, but I felt that the company needs a better customer service attitude. I don't think I would recommend them.

Date of experience: February 2018
3  Thank micthemini
Michael N, General Manager at HeliServicesNZ Fox & Franz, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2018

Thank you micthemini for your Trip Advisor review. I am pleased you were able to get your flight with snow landing even though the changing weather conditions did not allow for your original tour. That is always our goal - to provide the best possible service, safety and value for money. We do refund for everyone that it requires without question and I feel for you when you have felt approaching us has not been easy.

We relish any opportunity to improve the services we provide to our customers and you are more than welcome to email me directly on gm@ffhl.co.nz

We sincerely promote to all staff how it is of paramount importance to communicate with our customers when conditions are changing and I feel in this instance the message was possibly not conveyed to all concerned and for that I do apologise. It is not our intention to charge more than the service provided and we completely understand refunding is a part of our business in ensuring above all, safety, and value for money.