HeliServicesNZ Fox & Franz

from US$210.08
from US$371.39
from US$273.85
More Info
All reviews snow landing grand tour mt cook these guys helicopter flight mt tasman awesome pilot highlight of our trip minute trip next morning short flight highly recommend this company amazing flight fresh snow awesome experience bad weather glacier country
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 April 2013

We chose the middle option where we visited Fox glacier and landed on Franz Josef. This was worth every cent of the cost.

1  Thank sstoney52
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Our flight was in danger of being cancelled due to bad weather, however the pilot re-shuffled the take off time and we became the only flight to land on the Fox Glacier that day. My wife had a badly broken arm which looked like preventing her from getting into the helicopter and missing the flight. The pilot searched around the hanger a came out with a small set of steps so that she could get into the helicopter and at least enjoy the flight, even if she could'nt get out on top of the Glacier. The flight was great, the views spectacular and when he couldn't land in his first choice spot the pilot flew us across the Glacier to an alternative where we were able to land. It was fantastic, the colours of the ice and the surrounding mountains were wonderful. The pilot was brilliant, he handled the machine so well and his efforts saved the day for us.

Reviewed 2 April 2013

We had pre-booked for a heli-hike experience at the Fox Glacier and were told to take our chances the prior day as the weather was quite good and we did end up doing the activity earlier than the scheduled day.The guy at the counter was very helpful and he immediately agreed for that.The helicopter experience was very very good,beyond description.It was breathtaking.The pilot was an experienced pro and handled things perfectly.The briefing was good and so was the flying.The Snow landing was the highlight of the trip.The glaciers looked stunning from the top and there was snow all around the mountain.Would definitely recommend this to anyone coming to New Zealand.

Date of experience: February 2013
1  Thank IamWanderer
Reviewed 9 March 2013

These trips are not cheap but this was worth every penny, we did the 40 minute flight with a snow landing. taking off flying up through the cloud base is an amazing experience the views over the mountains and glassiers are stunning the pilot takes you very close up to the peaks, the snow landing is another experience I will remember for a long time.
The staff here are great, very helpful and you are made to feel valued.
Try it.

1  Thank Freeman5802
Reviewed 25 February 2013

In September 2012 I booked a flight for the Fox and Franz Josef glaciers, mount Cook and mount Tasman. As I travelled alone I proposed 10AM but advised that I am flexible and would join a group of other people to make the flight.
The day before I asked if they have a flight and the morning of the flight they answered that they have something for me at 10.30AM. When I show up they told me that they don't have the tour I was looking for but they add me to the group for the flight Mount Cook+Fox glacier.
I was pissed off! Couldn't they tell me that in the mail instead of letting me come at the office for nothing?! I didn't want to do only the half... I could have checked with an other compagny then...

Date of experience: February 2013