Lowest prices for your stay
US$62
Free cancellation until 19/05/21
US$61
FindHotel
US$61
PricelineUS$62
Hotels.comUS$61
CheapTicketsUS$61
All reviews lake matheson room was super clean access road short drive shower room recommend staying here south island glacier host fox kettle stopover franz
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 January 2020 via mobile

Hotel room is clean and room is spacious. Fast wifi and plenty of free parking. Mike at reception was friendly and nice. This is a great place for a stopover in Fox Glacier as we travelled through South Island. It’s a short drive to Lake Matheson and the Peak Viewpoint and not too far from the glacier access road. The host and staff were helpful and responsive and we appreciated that they accommodated changes to our booking. I would recommend staying here.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 September 2019

Worst experience ever!! The WiFi is very bad. Don’t come here in winter. I come here with a 22-people group and “no room” has a functional heater. It’s suck!! We already reflected to the staff, yet she just told us to wait and claimed everything is working alright and then she suggested us just left for dinner.We also asked her what if it still not warm. She said she will be around no worries.After we came back from dinner... she left....No one is at the reception and no one can find her or help us.
Lier and cheating the foreigner. Very bad!

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 September 2019

not sure why the bad reviews? its a short walk from town, that makes it a quiet place to sleep, my room was very nice , i couldn't believe how nice for the price , Shame the restaurant isn't operational. The office staff was friendly, even offered to carry my bags .will definitely be back next trip.The view of the mountains on sun rise was breath taking.

Date of stay: September 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 28 April 2019

The High Peaks hotel in Fox glacier was outstanding. The rooms were so big and comfortable. the bathrooms were big and great too. Everything was great. The location was good to, 2 km from all the restaurants and cafes. Lots of parking.
only problem I had was with the payment I asked the hotel not to charge my card despite it being mentioned that no pre payment was required, this was because we were 5 individuals booked together, hence we were all going to pay individually. However despite assuring me that they would reverse the charge on my card, they didnt and at checkout time 830am there wasnt anyone at the hotel so we just had to leave the keys in a box at the reception.
But payment issues aside, the hotel was great and would stay here agin in a heartbeat and recommend this place to anyone.

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Enahs1989
Reviewed 26 April 2019

Comfortable back yard and basic equipment provided.
I would not say it was clean enough. There is no electrical socket in one bedroom or any bedside table in both bedrooms, which was real inconvenient.

Date of stay: April 2019