“Very nice food food with a twist”
Review of The Last Kitchen

The Last Kitchen
Ranked #2 of 10 Restaurants in Fox Glacier
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 23 September 2018

The menu didn't fully describe the dishes. The chef is Indian, and some of the dishes have some interesting spices and flavours that you wouldn't typically expect. The pan fried blue cod was great with an interesting spiciness. Kitchen does close early in winter, so get there early.

Reviewed 17 September 2018

We enjoyed our dinner at The Last Kitchen. The restaurant has a pleasant atmosphere, the waitress was friendly and conveyed our special requests to the chef, and our food (steak, pork belly and salad) was delicious. We were only in Fox Glacier for one night, but we were glad that we chose to eat here.

Reviewed 11 September 2018

The atmosphere was really nice, and the waitress was friendly and attentive. However, my husband's lamb shank had an odd flavour to it of Indian curry that tasted like it was out of a jar, and my medium steak was very fatty and came out still mooing. They happily cooked it a bit more for me and it tasted good, but was also swimming in butter so even after I finished cutting off the fat I still felt like I'd had a lot of oil with my meal, and it was NZ$40, so I was really hoping for better quality food.
Given how nice the atmosphere was, if I went back I might consider trying a lunch there. My husband thought that the beer on tap was good, and I also heard that their coffee was good. Given the limited options for eating out in Fox, I'd say it's worth giving this place a try but approach with caution.

Reviewed 19 August 2018 via mobile

After a long day we decided to have dinner in last kitchen me and my friend ordered for chicken and fish. it was our best dinner in west coast. The chicken with amazing flavours was best I ever had.

Reviewed 19 August 2018 via mobile

Had a nice lunch here.we had lamb burger and meatball pasta and fish.everymeal was flavourful.
Service was quick and prompt.
What you need after Heli rides ?

Recommend place to go in town.