“Great restaurant whether it's for breakfast, lunch or dinner”
Review of The Last Kitchen

The Last Kitchen
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 18 August 2017

We were at the Fox Glacier for one purpose. To fly over it, take pictures and video. We arrived the evening before, got up early, did our helicopter gig and ended up eating here for three meals. Dinner, breakfast, and lunch. So in a way, we covered all three times of serving. There were a number of people at all three times, so the staff probably was not quite aware that all of us were in the same party. The menus were fairly large and varied. There were eight of us and as small as the town was, this restaurant has great service and fantastic food. I noticed what appeared to be both locals and tourists any time we were there. I was mildly surprised at the staff as they actually were glad to see us and took the time to explain their menus and what else they had, in addition to items not on the menu. Was able to observe their kitchen. It's spotless, no matter when we were there. To me, that is a big deal. This worth a stop, no matter what meal you are looking for. They have it and the food is great.

Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

Sadly our waitress let this lovely meal down!! Clearly didn't want to be working last night. We so could have been persuaded to have desert but no service at our table after our mains were delivered!!

Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

I wasn't sure what to expect in such a tiny town as Fox Glacier, but this far exceeded my expectations. I'd highly recommend the baked camembert. Delicious and filling after a long drive.

Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

My wife celebrated her birthday at The Last Kitchen during our trip to Fox Glacier.

The food was great and the prices were reasonable. Standard New Zealand prices.

The burgers were great. The waitress even prepared a complimentary cake for my wife.

A Must to Try if you are at Fox Glacier.

Reviewed 1 August 2017 via mobile

We enjoyed our meals here, I had the grilled fish which was very tasty. There was a nice atmosphere with the fire and The waitress was also very lovely.