Open today: 8:00 am - 6:00 pm
Review Highlights
This flight was perfect!

Our flight with Michael was fantastic. He explained the nature of the glaciers as we flew over... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Janet A
via mobile
Unforgettable

Couldn't have been happier with selecting this company for an unforgettable experience. So... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
AJFChCh
Christchurch, New Zealand

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
Recommended experiences in and around Fox Glacier
from $673.00
More Info
All reviews minute flight snow landing mt cook family run tasman glacier these guys great flight small business helicopter ride scenic flight new zealand an amazing experience franz josef absolute highlight once in a lifetime following morning small group
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 October 2023 via mobile

Best Fox and Franz Joseph helicopter flight. See Mt Cook and Mt Tasman, glaciers galore and breathtaking views. Call ahead and let the team recommended a time to fly. They are experts and know the region. So glad we took the 40 minute premium flight with snow landing to stand atop the southern alps, cruise over the glaciers and take time to view the amazing mountain ranges. Thanks to our pilot, Michael for safe passage and great commentary. Thanks to Therese for planning our day and recommending the whitebait fritters. Family business and their genuine care, attention to detail and professionalism made our flight an experience of a lifetime. Already recommended to my sister. Look no further than the Mountain Helicopters Team.

Date of experience: October 2023
Reviewed 4 September 2023

Can't recommend highly enough. Lovely family owned and operated company with that really friendly personal touch. James our pilot was amazing and Therese his mum a delightful host. Awesome experience that everyone should treat themselves to.

Date of experience: September 2023
Reviewed 8 August 2023 via mobile

What an experience this was and such a friendly welcoming from a local family owned business. Michael and Therese were lovely and gave us a few tips for the remainder of our trip.

Thank you so much for your hospitality and fitting us in with short notice. If you are looking for an amazing experience I recommended this company very highly.

Date of experience: August 2023
Reviewed 22 June 2023

From making sure everything was done safely, to making multiple passes across the ice fields and peaks so that we could get the 'special' photo, Pilot Mike and the crew on the ground were fully professional.

We were on a custom, doors-off flight so that we could get the best quality photos.

Date of experience: June 2023
Reviewed 14 June 2023 via mobile

I was a walk in with no booking, the lovely lady at reception advised if another person or small group walked in she would try to put us together. I waited about an hour, no one else came in. I asked if I could just book for the helicopter for myself and she agreed. This was the best decision of my entire holiday in NZ. I was given ‘Royal’ treatment. I paid for a mid length flight, but felt like I was given so much more. The views were unbelievable, we landed at over 7000 feet up. Crystal clear day, not only did I have the chopper to myself, but the mountain and the air as well. Didn’t see another soul. The pilot was brilliant, obviously still loves his job. We talked before and after about life in general, but on top of the mountain I was given a private lesson on the history of the area and the mountain we were looking at. Once back down, the pilots wife, who ran reception, gave me some great places to visit on my trip, plus we talked about business and compared notes between theirs and mine. I make whisky…. This was the best experience I’ve had in many years, and the absolute highlight of my trip. Can’t recommend it enough.

Date of experience: June 2023