Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews chef ryan owen river fly fishing other guests brown trout his team new zealand south island fishing experience caught fish end of the day fabulous food wonderful weekend heaven on earth great fish dinner table each evening
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 November 2019

Felix and Kylie know how to welcome, inform, host and wow. My husband and I combined our 40th wedding anniversary with 3 days at Owen River Lodge. It was a truly memorable experience. Incredible food led by Jo and Ryan international chefs, Stefano and Gavan our guides, river crossings by vehicle and by foot to remember, we even caught fish!!
Felix has loads of experience and has won many awards for his stylish accommodation (possum fur throws) stunning location and all over this guy knows what he is doing. Loved every minute of it. Lisa and Rick Melbourne

Room tip: They are all the same you cannot go wrong
Date of stay: October 2019
Felix B, Owner at Owen River Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2020

Hello Lisa,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review - it was a delight to meet you & Rick.
Hope to see you back here again soon

Reviewed 29 October 2019

I'd read about the owenriver lodge for years in Flyfishing mags so finally got to go with my wife, her first time Flyfishing what a loverly place you have built Felix right from the start with a light lunch then getting tina kitted out with waders and rod then dinner was out of this world thank-you Ryan and the guides Adam and chris really know there stuff and were very patient helping with her casting then landing her first trout we really did have a wonderful time thank-you

Date of stay: October 2019
Felix B, General Manager at Owen River Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2020

It's always a delight to introduce people to the wonderful world of fly fishing, and to see the joy on Tina's face when she caught her first fish was priceless ! Thank you John for taking the time to write a review!!

Reviewed 18 October 2019

Felix - I just wanted to pass on my sincere thanks to you, Kylie, Ryan, Jo, Anton and Chris for making my stay at ORL a truly memorable one.

When you asked me whether anything could be improved at ORL for the first time in a long time I was left without anything to respond with – ORL and you and your team do absolutely amazing job in keeping your guests very happy.

The ambience at ORL is amazing and the facilities and accommodation are first class.

A particular thankyou to you and Kylie for taking the time to dine and chat with us - that was greatly appreciated.

I hope you all have a great season in what I refer to as “heaven on earth”. I am already scouring the 2020 calendar to find a slot for another trip to ORL.

Reviewed 27 June 2019

I arrived on Friday afternoon and was greeted with friendly faces, hearty hellos, willing bag carriers, wet noses and waggy tails!!!!

From the outset the accommodation was divine, clean and warm, with amazing amenities and fresh flowers (I was in a party of ten and all the cabins were presented like this!!!) Fabulous comfy beds, hot showers with excellent pressure and lovely chairs to sit and relax and read in! Contents of the fridge did not disappoint either! Lots of local produce and drinks.

Meals and drinks in the main lodge - were just exceptional! All served with local quality wines - which were plentiful and delicious! Food quality, choice and presentation were mind blowing - it was truly a gastronomical feast!!!

The lounge and bar areas were comfortable, warm and well-stocked also!!! It’s a Whiskey lovers delight!!!!

To go back to ones cabin and find the bed turned down and the bedside light on after dinner - was just a fantastic touch!!

Fishing was phenomenal - I was a complete beginner and was provided with a guide - who did not disappoint either! He was funny, clever, knowledgeable and easy to talk to (put me completely at ease) - I even managed to cast, hook and land my first ever trout (Brown).

The location did not disappoint - just stunning! Beautiful well kept gardens with a spa tub to boot! I opted for a massage too - so was truly spoilt!

Truly the lodge owners were happy to supply whatever I wished - and catered to every need!

I left on Sunday afternoon - again I was not allowed to carry my own luggage - and someone stood and waved me off!

I can not recommend Owen River Lodge enough - either as a single traveller, couple or group! It has somewhat of a relaxed, family vibe about it - compete with two loveable Labradors!

I will undoubtedly be back!!! Thanks xx

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 June 2019

Felix and the team were amazing. Friendly and helpful. The food was 5 star, very high quality. So relaxing, clean, comfortable and completely inviting accommodation. Beautiful views. Definately worth every cent.

Date of stay: April 2019