All reviews chef ryan owen river fly fishing brown trout his team other guests new zealand south island guided fishing fishing experience great fishing days fishing fantastic experience first rate brownie meals prepared spent days
Reviewed 29 April 2018

A weekend retreat with the CFR group here was like a tonic. The comforts,the food the staff, the dogs , everything....just lovely . We loved the peace ,smoke free,views,birds and of course the chance to learn fly fishing Casting ....plus the river trip to try it all out .

Room Tip: All rooms have spectacular views out across the land to the river and the mountains beyond
Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

I have just spent a wonderful weekend at Felix’s lodge. From the time I arrived for the weekend to the time I left I felt pampered. The setting is idyllic, relaxed and the food is exquisite. Fishing, massage and spas added fun and luxury. Felix was a wonderful host. Friendly and generous. Thank you so much for your support. Anyone considering staying here won’t be disappointed.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 April 2018

I’d heard a lot of positive things about Owen River Lodge. Many times the hype can set expectations too high, but this was not the case. Every aspect of the experience was world class. The rooms are generous, great bed and shower with plenty of pressure, Each 3 course dinner was unique, thoughtful and exceptional. I loved my scrambled eggs and crispy bacon each morning....the espresso, extra hot coffee each morning was perfect. The fishing guides were happy, patient and encouraging. Felix, Kylie congratulations on exceeding my expectations.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 March 2018

We recently returned from five amazing days fishing the Owen River Lodge in New Zealand. For the last couple of years, I have been wanting to visit the Lodge to experience their amazing wild brown trout fishery.

Having never fished for Brown's in this way before my fishing partner Antonio and I were looked after by Anton and Hannah, two absolutely exceptional flyfishing guides. Antonio landed the biggest fish of the week at 8 1/2 pounds with my first ever wild brown trout coming in at 5 1/2 pounds.

Felix and his team could not do any more to make us feel welcome and importantly comfortable.

Nothing was too difficult.

The food was amazing.
The staff are amazing.

Most of all the lodge was difficult to leave and I can't wait to see it again.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 March 2018

Felix & his team over delivered to ensure our culinary & fishing experience was 5 star. From the wonderful meals prepared by chefs Ryan & Jo, to the hospitality of Felix, Kylie, Julia & Chloe the lodge experience was near perfect.
The fishing guides are very knowledgeable & the number of rivers we had access to made for a great fishing experience in spite of the tough conditions.

Room Tip: All the cabins are great, whisper quiet with lovely amenities
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple