Owen River Lodge
US$80
Orbitz.com
Murchison Motels(Murchison)
US$138
Owen River Tavern & Motels(Murchison)(Great Value!)
US$86
  • Restaurant
US$83
US$83
US$93
US$103
ASURE Chelsea Gateway Motor Lodge(Westport)(Great Value!)
US$100
Murchison Lodge(Murchison)
TripAdvisor
All reviewschef ryanowen riverfly fishingbrown troutother guestshis teamworld classfive starnew zealandsouth islandfishing experienceguided fishinggreat fishingbucket listdays fishingour honeymoonfantastic experience
Reviewed 10 November 2016

Owen River Lodge was the grand finale of our travels throughout New Zealand and Australia. My husband and I were exceptionally pleased with the attentive staff, fantastic meals, and knowledgeable fly fishing guides. Our guides, Paul and Adam, did a fantastic job of educating us on the area and techniques required for success. While many a wily brown trout outsmarted us during our stay, the experience was incredibly memorable. We thoroughly enjoyed meeting and dining with other couples who were staying at the Lodge during the same time-frame. I would highly recommend Owen River Lodge to any of our friends or colleagues. Oh, and don't forget to try the shortbread cookies with your morning coffee!

Reviewed 31 October 2016

My wife and I stayed at Owen River Lodge as part of our honeymoon. It was one of the most memorable and relaxing experiences we have had. Felix and his team are so welcoming and provided anything we needed. The accommodations are very comfortable, the cabins are the perfect balance between rustic and sophisticated. Not to mention the view is incredible. The food did not disappoint either, it is as advertised five star! The fly fishing was a blast and our guide made it an experience we will never forget. My wife and I would absolutely recommend Owen River to anyone visiting New Zealand. If we go back we will make sure to stay here again!

Room Tip: Any one of the six rooms will exceed expectations
Reviewed 27 October 2016 via mobile

What a wonderful start to a vacation in New Zealand! This was a " 10" and we are looking forward to our next stay.
Thank you to all the people that makes this Fly
Fishing lodge feel like home.
Much Aloha
The Smith's

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 October 2016

Owen River Lodge is just a superb adventure. All staff attend to every detail to ensure you have the best possible experience. It's like visiting close friends for a few days. Magnificent meals, great coffee and conversation in a warm friendly environment and then there's the fishing. I enjoyed three days of guided fishing and as an intermediate level 'fly caster' managed 18 trout between 3 and 7 lbs with a couple of others using well practiced escape techniques to avoid the net. Make no mistake, these fish are hard to catch. I only managed this due to the outstanding coaching of my guide. He spotted the fish, explained the perfect position to drop the fly, and then tutored me on how to control these powerful fish in deep fast flowing water. Whilst it's a mecca for fly fishers, it's an idyllic setting for partners who don't fish. Between luxurious rooms, a beautifully appointed lodge and glorious gardens, there was always somewhere comfortable to sit and relax. Put this one on your bucket list but be prepared for a return visit.

Reviewed 3 May 2016 via mobile

Set in tranquil valley of flying fishing heaven Owen River Lodge is a must!

Felix the host was generous , kind and welcoming. The food was simply amazing and the massage was just what the doctor ordered. The accommodation is private, warm and spotless, with views over the valley. The river is full of trout and the fishing was brilliant.

I can't recommend the experience enough.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled with friends