Owen River Lodge
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Mataki Motel(Murchison)
US$88
Murchison Motels(Murchison)
US$141
Owen River Tavern & Motels(Murchison)(Great Value!)
US$88
US$92
Agoda.com
US$104
Priceline
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewschef ryanowen riverfly fishingbrown troutother guestshis teamworld classattention to detailfive starnew zealandsouth islandfishing experienceguided fishinggreat fishingbucket listdays fishingour honeymoon
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 April 2013

I have just spent 6 nights at Owen River Lodge. I went there with high hopes & my experience exceeded my wildest expectations. The accommodation was first class with service to match. Felix's hospitality was fantastic, I can't speak highly enough. The guests are the centre of attention at all times & all the staff make the stay at the lodge a trip to remember.
the fishing was out of this world, so many quality waters within 1 hour of the lodge & the guides were sensational. I was there at Easter & left it late to book a guide on Easter Saturday so Felix personally took me out for a day out of his own good will.
The food was out of this world, I requested vegetarian meals & was catered for perfectly. Ryan the head chef is world class & it was wonderful to sit down to such fine dining at the end of a great days fishing.
If you get the chance, do yourself a favour & head to Owen river for a visit, you won't be disappointed!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 April 2013

From setting the first foot inside the Owen River Lodge the feeling of warmth and welcome felt like being wrapped in a cuddly rug. Every comfort was catered for. Felix and Nicky were unobtrusive but there anticipating every need. The rooms are spacious and beautifully appointed and exquisite meals were a highlight. I would heartily recommend the lodge to anyone wants an exceptional experience.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 March 2013

My recent visit to the Owen River Lodge was a fantastic experience! Owner and host Felix Borenstein has created the perfect New Zealand fly fishing experience and getaway. Accommodations are top notch, every meal exceptional, the selection of NZ wines outstanding and, of course, the fishing world-class. My guide Craig was without a doubt the most patient guide I've fished with and his knowledge of the streams phenomenal. The entire staff of the Owen River Lodge were unbelievably accommodating and they created the perfect stay. I'll definitely return!

Room Tip: It doesn't matter; all the rooms are great.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 March 2013

Owen River Lodge has just been "a flyfishing holiday of a lifetime"! The friendly team and host Felix run a first class operation in a lodge with understated comfort. The local waters are in a stunning environment and it was a joy to walk them with guides who were also great company. The fishing is challenging, and with the help of our skilful guides we were able to catch and release some magnificent browns. The evening 'debrief' with other guests and Ryan's gourmet dinners were the perfect way to end each different, yet very memorable day.
We will be back again!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 March 2013

Recently we spent a week at the Owen River Lodge and we had the best overall experience of our lives. Our host Felix and his wonderful team provided us with warm friendly service, outstanding accommodations and food, and our guide Craig was amazing! Every night at dinner we gathered with Felix and the other guests and shared our stories of large browns and rainbows over an amazing variety of wonderful three course dinners. By the end of the week we were already planning our next trip to the Owen River Lodge!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple