All reviews farm animals one night holiday park animal park feed the lambs two bedroom cabin great playground shared kitchen passing through duck home away from home living area quiet place double bed lynn wallaby facilities
Reviewed 14 January 2018

their website is flash and it hooks you in....I know, it did us!

Not the cheapest in Murchison so I expected more than I got.

Booking in was easy, but then when we drove around to our site one of the two owners was talking to one of her regulars (I assume - as they were roading contractors), and they blocked the road to our site for at least 5 minutes as they continued their chat! No regard whatsoever for us!

Our site was fine. It was flat, there's power and water right there. What wasn't was the penny pinching attitude. I'll explain, 50c for a 3 minute shower! Really, I mean come on. And as for the free internet....yeah, so long as you only want half hour. For all others it's $6. That's double what we paid everywhere else (and that's if we had to pay).

the facilities on the site were ok, but just that, nothing special. Overall I felt that if the place were a bit cheaper then it would have been acceptable, but at one of the most expensive places we stayed at, it was all a bit too unacceptable.

1  Thank majnz
Reviewed 12 January 2018 via mobile

I have stayed here in the recent past and I made a booking months in advance for an overnight stay again. A week before my stay I rang and rechecked my booking which was confirmed. The next day the owner rang and said my booking was cancelled because I hadn't confirmed my credit card details. I challenged that because I remembered her taking my booking. She then tried to say she only had part of my credit card number to which I suggested she could have rung me to check. She then gave me all the excuses and lies you could think of but at the end of the day she had obviously put a longer staying customer in for an extra night at our expense. Their reviews show they are serial offenders at this practice. They give the industry a bad name. Avoid this Motel at all costs of you don't want your holiday ruined at their whim.

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank camperSiggy
Reviewed 4 January 2018

This property cancels a booking, which was paid for, made nine months ago just one week before you travel on the pretext that there are only two occupants for the booking yet the description clearly states "up to four" - which in my language means that two are acceptable.

Reviewed 30 December 2017

In April of 2017, I booked a room for my wife and myself for the end of January 2018, when we would be visiting Murchison. During our month and a half stay in NZ, almost all of the hotels do not require a prepayment, but this one did. So, on 5April2017 my credit card was billed for the cost of our room. That was fine, some hotels do require prepayment. Then much to my surprise, on 26December2017, I got an email from the hotel saying they were cancelling our reservation "due to no vacancies." WHAT? I had had my reservation for 8 months, and now 9 days before we are supposed to leave on our trip, they tell me they are not going to honor my reservation, which had been confirmed by them, in writing, on 4April2017! I sent an email asking about it, hoping it was an administrative error. The reply from the hotel was that they "have had a long term booking for most of our accommodation from the roading contractors who are trying to keep our highways operating at a certain level. This began early last year..." I checked on their site and rooms are available now, so evidently the contractors are not there now, contrary to her saying the contractors began staying there early last year. I have no idea why they decided not to honor our reservation, if the contractors had been there since early last year, why did they accept my reservation and take my money in April? This does not pass the smell test. I would strongly urge you not to even consider booking here, because they do not stand behind their word. Written confirmation 8 months ahead of time means nothing to them. The town is not real big and choices for accommodation are not unlimited. I would not trust them.

Date of stay: December 2017
Reviewed 8 December 2017

We were put into a two bedroom cabin next to the animal enclosure but on arrival it looked like the birds used our room more than they used the animal enclosure! There was a large duck or hen poo on the bathroom floor, it wasn't possible to sit on the deck or the deck furniture because of the amount of bird poo and it wasn't fresh, this area hadn't been cleaned for a long time. The fridge still had items left by the previous guests. The toilet seat was broken and had been repaired with tape. When we complained we just got excuses and no apologies. And this is for a cabin that they charge $300 per night for!

Date of stay: December 2017