“Not good food”
Review of Tussock

Tussock
Ranked #4 of 5 Restaurants in Whakapapa
Reviewed 9 December 2017 via mobile

Very few options in the area. You'd be better to cook for yourself. Old place. Pizza undercooked. Not great.

Reviewed 8 December 2017 via mobile

We stopped in this restaurant for a diner and it was very good.
The atmosphere is nice, great music and warm people.
I recommend this place for everyone who want to relax and enjoy their evening.

Thx for the light... ;-)

Reviewed 8 December 2017 via mobile

Ate here one night whilst staying at the Chateau Tongariro. It’s a really causal setting and staff were all really pleasant. We had 2 pizzas which were decent enough. They unfortunately forgot my pizza order and I had to remind the staff that I hadn’t received my meal. The staff staff quickly rectified this and my pizza was brought out within the next 15 minutes. I would recommend this place if you are looking for a quick causal supper and in the area.

Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

We stayed in the area for a few days. Arrived late (8pm) to our hotel and wanted a beer and food. Popped in and was not disappointed.

As the title says. The food was great. The service was friendly. The prices good.

It was so good. We returned to the place again before leaving the area.

The menu isn’t the biggest. But everything we eat was great.

Reviewed 25 October 2017

We had dinner and drinks here last night 24 October 2017. Simple menu we only waited ten minutes for our food. The bar will run a tab , lovely big fire going no complaints, I loved the cider on tap appreciated the full glasses of wine and full glass of cider. I think if they continue with the great service and lovely big pieces of fish we had last night I can say other people must be very hard to satisfy. Recommended. The barman and waitress were very obliging I would not agree with other poor reviews of this pub.