Hotels.com
Trip.com
StayForLong
Travelocity
All reviews the kitchen french doors high ceilings shared bathroom communal lounge close to town old house studio unit tea and coffee facilities pool and hot tub stayed a couple of nights late checkout the main highway small dog one night short stroll enjoyed our stay
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 February 2019

Very friendly people to deal with. Lovely room just right to relax in after a long drive especially appreciated the french doors that opened onto the patio to let the welcome breeze come in. Guest parking onsite - able to park close to our room which made unloading the car easy.
Within walking distance of great cafes and restaurants.

Room tip: Was a nice quiet retreat.
Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
ZieBays, Manager at Warkworth Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2019

Hello
Thank you for your lovely feedback. It was a pleasure to have you stay with us. Happy travels :)

Reviewed 3 February 2019 via mobile

We booked the family suite cabin which had 1 queen bed in a separate room, 2 single beds (mind your head it is very likely you will hit your head in the wall if you woke up in the middle of the night I would recommend sleeping the other way around) and a sofa bed that transforms to another double bed. There were only 4 of us on this trip but the room is big enough for 6. We were only there for a night because they were fully booked but we would have definitely stayed longer if we could.

It also has a full kitchen facility with a 2 burner hot plate and even a small dishwasher. It also includes laundry facilities (washer, basin and A frame dryer) which is perfect if you are staying longer and want to do a bit of washing.

It also has a nice balcony perfect for a morning or afternoon coffee or tea and you could also stand the A frame dryer here if you would like to dry something overnight.

There is also an aircon/heat pump that can cool or warm the entire space plus plenty of glass doors and windows that open up if you prefer a bit of open air.

The location is perfect for strolling into town, the shops are walking distance so feel free to leave the car behind in their off street car parks. There are plenty of takeaways, restaurants and even a pub if you’re feeling lazy to cook. But if you’re planning to drink it’s best to leave the car behind as this is very close to the police station.

The only disappoint was the pool and spa bath which was not very tidy so we decided not to take a dip.

Overall, the place seem to be well maintained and the staff are friendly and helpful.

We would definitely consider coming back here I just hope they do something about the pool and spa.

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
ZieBays, Manager at Warkworth Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2019

Good morning :)

Thank you for your feedback, this is always appreciated. We have moved the single beds so they are not so close to the slant ceiling and this is working great. Its a shame you never used the pool and spa,we clean these daily but we are looking at making improvements in that area to tidy these up... so watch this space.

Happy travel

Reviewed 9 January 2019

Friendly owners, but tired decor and surroundings. The website photos are dated and dont reflect the property. Expensive for what it is.Great handy location in town which makes walking a breeze to eateries etc.

Date of stay: January 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
ZieBays, Manager at Warkworth Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2019

Hello Barry,

On reflection because of your review we feel we let the appearance of the room was let down by using a old style duvet on the single bed and we are replacing it now. We appreciate feed back so much. Thank you!” Happy travels

Reviewed 31 December 2018 via mobile

This was a last minute accommodation that my husband and I booked. We went to a festival in Matakana and this was the one we chose because it was close to Matakana and it was affordable. I wasn't expecting much because we really just needed a place to sleep after the festival. Upon arrival, I noted that it is in a great location. Lots of shops and cafes close by - walking distance. The lady at the reception, who was the manager I think, was really friendly and genuine. She gave us a map of things that we can do around the area. There was a shared kitchen which was massive and super clean. There is free coffee, tea and hot chocolate. The lounge looked classy type of dated decor. It was nice and homey. There was a pool and a jacuzzi which we didn't use. Our room was on the ground floor. I have no complaints with the room at all. Basic necessities were there. Oh actually, I would have appreciated better pillows. I had to fold one to make it comfortable. Nonetheless, my husband and I had a great sleep. Shampoo, conditioner, and hand/body wash were plenty which I appreciated because I have long thick hair. Curtains were good at making the room dark which helped us sleep in a bit more on a sunny day. There was a bath and a shower separate. If only I knew that there was a bath, I would have brought a bath bomb! The shower had great water pressure. I wish the towels were a wee bit more softer, but this is just me being a bit picky. The check in and check out process were smooth and quick. Overall, the place looked clean and well managed. I would stay there again if I ever go up that way again. Thank you.

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 December 2018

Had to stay one night in Warkworth last minute and found this little gem. Beautiful old Villa with superb grounds and facilities, everything was spick and span and staff friendly. Central to town and and super relaxing environment!

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
ZieBays, Manager at Warkworth Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2018

Glad you had a great stay :)