Lowest prices for your stay
Travelocity
Free cancellation until 04/02/22
Expedia.comUS$78
Booking.comUS$75
Hotels.comUS$78
All reviews the kitchen french doors high ceilings shared bathroom communal lounge close to town old house studio unit tea and coffee facilities pool and hot tub stayed a couple of nights the main highway small dog one night short stroll enjoyed our stay lady at reception
Selected filters
Reviewed 31 December 2018 via mobile

This was a last minute accommodation that my husband and I booked. We went to a festival in Matakana and this was the one we chose because it was close to Matakana and it was affordable. I wasn't expecting much because we really just needed a place to sleep after the festival. Upon arrival, I noted that it is in a great location. Lots of shops and cafes close by - walking distance. The lady at the reception, who was the manager I think, was really friendly and genuine. She gave us a map of things that we can do around the area. There was a shared kitchen which was massive and super clean. There is free coffee, tea and hot chocolate. The lounge looked classy type of dated decor. It was nice and homey. There was a pool and a jacuzzi which we didn't use. Our room was on the ground floor. I have no complaints with the room at all. Basic necessities were there. Oh actually, I would have appreciated better pillows. I had to fold one to make it comfortable. Nonetheless, my husband and I had a great sleep. Shampoo, conditioner, and hand/body wash were plenty which I appreciated because I have long thick hair. Curtains were good at making the room dark which helped us sleep in a bit more on a sunny day. There was a bath and a shower separate. If only I knew that there was a bath, I would have brought a bath bomb! The shower had great water pressure. I wish the towels were a wee bit more softer, but this is just me being a bit picky. The check in and check out process were smooth and quick. Overall, the place looked clean and well managed. I would stay there again if I ever go up that way again. Thank you.

Reviewed 11 December 2018

Had to stay one night in Warkworth last minute and found this little gem. Beautiful old Villa with superb grounds and facilities, everything was spick and span and staff friendly. Central to town and and super relaxing environment!

Trip type: Travelled solo
ZieBays, Manager at Warkworth Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2018

Glad you had a great stay :)

Reviewed 4 December 2018 via mobile

The lady at reception was very warm and welcoming. She gave us a little map of places to go and show us through the accommodation briefly. There is a pool and a spa outside which is nice. There is no lift so please be aware that this is stairs only.
The room was a decent size and the bathroom was only a few steps away. The shower was a bit small though, but the water pressure was good. The only weird thing is was the shampoo, conditioner and body wash they supplied was on the vanity outside the shower. You could have taken it in with you, but they were big bottles in a 3 piece set and would have made the vanity wet when you got out the shower.
Room was clean which is my major thing, but just a big dated. We had a room overlooking the pool which was nice. Could have used a mirror over the desk so I could have done my makeup easier. Good location to Warkworth village (basically right in it) and also to Matakana.

1  Thank luckys15
ZieBays, Manager at Warkworth Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2018

Thanks for your feedback
In regards to the shampoo's we were waiting on a fixture to fit to the shower wall that is why it was on the basin :)
There is a mirror on the wardrobe door which we find is a good fit for that room but again we appropriate your feedback.

Happy travels :)

Reviewed 1 December 2018 via mobile

Enjoyed our stay here, nice staff clean room lovely lounge great kitchen facilities, I used the swimmimg pool, lots to do in the area great national park up the road in Tawharanui went to look for a Kiwi bird had no luck but a beautiful walk.

Reviewed 28 November 2018 via mobile

Great customer service and rooms that are cute and cosy. Sinks are a little short for tall people but overall great stay. A delicious bakery just around the corner and everything you need within walking distance.

Date of stay: November 2018