Lowest prices for your stay
US$140
Free cancellation until 10/12/21
Booking.comUS$140
eDreamsUS$140
CheapTicketsUS$140
All reviews french doors the kitchen high ceilings shared lounge close to town old house studio unit pool and hot tub stayed a couple of nights late checkout the main highway small dog one night short stroll enjoyed our stay lady at reception gas fire
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 August 2016

My wife and I could really enjoy our two days and one night stay here. The breakfast was delicious and the hosts were very welcoming. The room we were assigned was perfect for a couple and we kept admirably warm amidst some 'wild and woolly' winter weather. Will definitely return when in the area again!

Room tip: The family rooms are nice and spacious!
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
WWTours, Owner at Warkworth Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2016

Thank you ! So pleased you have enjoyed your stay and hope to see you agian soon. we will work on our sun dance :-)
Kind Regards Liz Bays

Reviewed 20 August 2016

Stayed in one of the single rooms with a shared bathroom. The room is fine for my needs.
I make use of the lounge & cook meals in the kitchen.
I Have stayed here for the past 3 years & have found it ideal for my purposses.
Very lovely house especially the lounge which is so cosy !! Geoff & his wife & all the staff are so welcoming & friendly. always have a great stay !! would highly recommend !!

Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank David B

Thank you very much.
We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Kind Regards Liz

Reviewed 11 August 2016

So we went in July to the Lodge and once our navman got us there was quite surprised at the quaint setting. We arrived early (pre-arranged) and got settled in and changed. We noted that the carparking was quite tight as the local limo service is parked there. We got the A frame room upstairs away from the main lodge. Very nice little room but for us tall folks the A frame presented it's difficulties. An example of this in the night when getting up to use the toilet i banged my head several times. Even the kids banged their heads on the frames and ceiling.
The toilet door did not close and it kept opening. The flush did not work properly either. The shower was nice but once again i felt like i head to bend over a bit as the roof shape was coming in over my head.
The kitchen was great and had all the stuff that we needed to cook our breakfast and anything we did not have (utensils etc) was in the kitchen in the main lodge.
Now the main lodge was great. A nice big area to read, play games and a huge fire place. Sadly this was not lit so we did not get that sense of warmth.
We had a swim in the spa and tried to jump into the pool but being the middle of winter this was most uncomfortable! Spa was great!
A warning to those going on a friday/saturday.. the local bar is very close and until 0100hrs the music and yelling came through the windows. Thankfully the kids slept well but we did not.
Overall it was a nice place and close to the town and the highway (and you could not hear the cars going by). But the bar was a bit of pain.
The staff were excellent and very helpful.

Room tip: Units under our second level room looked very nice.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 10 July 2016 via mobile

We had a large family room, so much space, we sleep 6 but the space allowed for more if needed, room had so many amenities including a dish washer, would have been comfortable staying for a long visit, will be returning for a longer stay when we can, it was great.

Trip type: Travelled with family
WWTours, Owner at Warkworth Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2016

thank you for your review. Wonderful to know you enjoyed your stay in our family suite unit 4. we wish you all the best for the rest of your travels and hope to see you again soon.
Kind Regards
Liz

Reviewed 5 July 2016 via mobile

It wasn't clear when I booked the room that there were no bathrooms in room, waking up to pee in the middle of be night and having to dress up to go down stairs is not my idea of a good accommodation, sorry but I would never stay here again. Friendly staff is the only reason I gave another star, the room was plain basic and tiny for the the price, something in would think is small by a major city's standards. Way overpriced for what you get.

Trip type: Travelled on business
MatakanaTours, Owner at Warkworth Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2016

thank you for your review. I am continually working with third party websites to make it clear on the 4 rooms that there is shared bathroom facility. We may take them off these sites and just sell through our own in future. So I hope this will be clearer for future bookers. For the record rooms5,6,7 & yellow. The rest have ensuites. Please note that there is a toilet on the same floor... so I am very sorry our friendly staff did not point this out. I can't imagine how annoying and possibly dangerous a stair walk in the middle of the night was. Our pink villa room is $125 with its own en-suite this would be a better option in future. I hope we can meet you again soon and provide a much nicer stay to remember us by.