Grange Motel(Manukau)
US$99
Amberwood(Manukau)
Family Inn(Manukau)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsbedroom apartmentwashing machine and dryerwestfield shopping centretrain stationclose to the airportacross the roadcoffee tableplace to staysofa bedfree wifiauckland airportmin walksmall kitchenettehandy locationshort stayper nightair conditioning
Reviewed 7 January 2016

I had much higher expectations for this place based on the photos etc. I was so disappointed.

Travelling as a big family group with 6 different apartments, I had emailed twice to ask them to try and put our rooms close to one another etc. We couldn't have been more spread out.

The rooms are so dated, carpet stains - nothing feels clean. Awful sewage smell from the bathroom.

Checkin was slow. They tried to charge us for parking even though the booking clearly stated it was free.

Area is very desolate at night.

Would definitely not return.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 January 2016

My experience was not good. I don´t recomend this pleace.
Do yourself a favor and look for other place. I can gurantee you will be happy to listen to my advise..
Also WIFI is really expensive!! The worst of all the thing is the attitud of the people who work here. In particular the Indian guys in reception.

Room Tip: I don´t know
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 January 2016

We stayed in a studio apartment and it was perfect for the two of us. Compact, but clean, comfortable, quiet and very conveniently situated we could not have asked for more.

Our room had a fridge, stove top and dishwasher in the kitchen and a dryer and washing machine in the bathroom. Air conditioning, local and pay TV channels with excellent reception and free wi-fi which was easy to connect to our devices and had a strong signal, and a nice little balcony with good views. The bed was comfortable, the shower was hot and strong, and the desk service very friendly.

We ate at two restaurants which were both only a couple of hundred metres away, Republic and Kyoto, and there excellent. Westfield shopping centre, cinema and the train station were likewise very handy. The train ride to Auckland city takes around 50 minutes and the trains are modern and clean. Public transport is great. Manukau to Britomart (Auckland city) will cost you about $20 for a return trip. You can you use cash, but the buses don;t carry much change.

They only negative was the shower cubicle which was very small, and the rooms weren't serviced on either of our two full days there (January 1 & 2).

Public transport is great. Manukau to Britomart (Auckland city) will cost about $20 fro a return trip.

We stayed three nights and secured the room as part of a flights and accommodation package: Return airfares for two from Sydney and three nights cost us $1450 which we thought was very good. Overall very very happy with Proximity Apartments. In fact, my partner rated the accommodation as the best part of our short visit to Auckland.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 January 2016 via mobile

The room was definitely not what I expected, it said 4 adults could sleep in the two bed room apartment so I figured myself, my husband and 2 young children would have plenty of room......they only had a queen in one room which had a horrible stain on the mattress and a single bed in the second room and a couch! there was no bedding for the couch bed either only a dusty blanket. there was mould on the curtains and in the shower. for the price and the condition it was so not worth the trip. however the staff were good to deal with.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 December 2015

nice clean rooms with all amenities included, washing machine and dryer which come in handy, staff friendly and efficient. Its not easy to find a good well priced place in this part of town but this one is well worth the effort, also close to the mall an easy 2 minute walk.

Room Tip: the higher the better as the views aren't bad
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple