“OK but expensive”

Cuisines: European
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 27 November 2017

I had the fish which was really nice though with the chips was poorly presented. A salad bar doesn't make it worth the money.

Reviewed 27 November 2017

My partner and I had dinner here after a long days travelling on the recommendation of our motel owner (and endorsed by several other locals). We were not disappointed; the staff were attentive, efficient and above all friendly. As we were not all that hungry my partner had two entrees rather than a main; Prawn & Avocado Cocktail plus Salmon 3 Ways while I had a Prawn Fettuccini with salad from the extensive salad bar. We were so impressed we made a booking for the following night's dinner on the spot. The following night we both enjoyed a perfect steak cooked to perfection. I will certainly be making this restaurant my "go to" next time I am in Kaitaia.

Reviewed 20 November 2017 via mobile

We went to the resto to have dinner, staff who attended to us was friendly setting was average. We ordered a seafood platter and a steak. Although I was very hungry, I did not even manage to eat my small serving of seafood platter as it was tasteless and my partners steak was the same. Food taste nothing it's just like chewing a cardboard and it's quite dear for the quality of food they served. We are never going back there again whenever we will be in the area again.

Reviewed 8 November 2017 via mobile

The waitress was very bubbly, helpful and accurate with her recommendations. I ordered a steak with Kumara chips was lovely and nice to have a healthy option. Was abit disappointed with the dessert strawberries, meringue with icecream as the meringue was overcooked. The waitress did let me know but I didn't realise how overcooked it was so I gave it too a friend to eat as it just tasted like sugar. I have had this before and when it's done well tastes beautiful. Also was surprised with the prices as they seem to have increased the cheapest main was $30. Still a nice ambience in the restaurant but with the price increases I would expect all dishes to be of a high standard which I felt the desserts let them down.

Reviewed 7 November 2017

We called in here for an evening meal. Homemade chicken soup was the starter and it was a delicious clear chicken soup full of flavour. All you can eat salad bar included with the main course was excellent - fresh with a really good variety of different items. Our steaks were tender and cooked correctly. It was very welcoming and we had a lovely waitress (Wahinetoa)

DFasnacht, Owner at Beachcomber Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2017

Thank you so much for visiting our restaurant and for taking the time to review us on here. It is such a pleasure reading about your good experience you had with us. We are hoping to see you soon again. Greetings from the whole team.