“Best in town”

Cuisines: European
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 31 August 2017

Had dinner there twice during our holiday and both times really good food. Service was great, friendly and professional. Food has a kind of european twist, taste is delicious.
Lot's of fresh veggies, and lot's of choice from the sea and the land.
Had smoked sword fish the first time, great meal. Second time great steak. Go there!

Reviewed 24 August 2017

The Beachcomber appeared to be the only decent eating establishment in a mid sized town. After initially not being acknowledged the food and service were great.

Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

Stopped in kaitatia on our way to Cape reianga and we're recommended this restaurant by the hotel owner.
I had surf and turf and my partner had steak. Both dishes were absolutely delicious! I also liked the decor and the salad bar. We had a banana fritter and gelato for dessert and after the main my expectations were high, I was not let down!! Our table had free entertainment too, we sat next to a couple and listened to the lady complain about "the younger generations" and how her chicken was crumbbed (even though it clearly stated on the menu that it would be) I thought this was hilarious!
If I'm ever back in kaitatia I'll make sure to stop here again. Great job guys :)

Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

Very good food and excellent service and we would go again and good location very nice town and people

Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

Very family friendly, was surprised at the kods corner and the kids loved it! All decked out with felts and crayons etc. Brilliant idea!
The layout meant that people could be at the bar having a few while others sat for dinner, really thoughtful.
Food was yummy! Miss 9 had the venison which she scoffed, master 5 had fish n chips from the kids menu and loved every bit of it. I had the seafood platter which was perfect and hubby had the fish of the day special cooked in beer batter. Yum!!
Will definitely pop in again!!!