Open today: 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Review Highlights
Highly recommended!!

This was my first time kayaking, all the crew were extremely helpful and I deeply appreciate their... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
WTalexandrab
Athens, Greece
Highly recommend

We visited Hahei last weekend and did a trip to Cathedral Cove by kayak. Our guide was Horse who... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
BeetleBabe
Auckland, New Zealand
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Hahei
from US$267.80
from US$208.70
from US$277.50
from US$173.20
More Info
All reviews hot chocolate cathedral cove kayaking experience great coffee biscuits sea kayaking great guide classic tour flat whites full day tour thanks guys nice touch new zealand perfect weather safe hands amazing experience great morning
Reviewed 17 March 2017 via mobile

A fun trip, challenging enough for beginners in beautiful surroundings with experienced guides. Cathedral Cove is a must visit and arriving by kayak is great.

Date of experience: March 2017
Mike G, Owner at Cathedral Cove Kayak Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2017

Thanks again for kayaking with us!

Reviewed 15 March 2017

We had a fabulous time kayaking at Cathedral Cove! We did the classic tour in the morning. I've never kayaked before but my husband has. We were in a double kayak and it was very easy to navigate. Our guide was amazing! So funny and informative - we learnt lots about Cathedral Cove and NZ. He made us hot drinks on the beach at Cathedral Cove where we stopped for a break. Fabulous experience!

Date of experience: March 2017
Mike G, Owner at Cathedral Cove Kayak Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2017

Thanks for your generous comments Megan, great to hear you enjoyed the trip. Thanks again for kayaking with us!

Reviewed 14 March 2017

My friend and I had booked a three hour trip and were a bit late. I called the operator and they very really friendly, and even waited for us (in the end the tour left 25 minutes later because of us). There was a bit of a swell and high tide, so we could not land near Cathedral Cove, but the paddling was easy and the weather superb. He guide was funny and friendly and took good care that we would not get too close to the shore (risk of being rolled over by a big wave). We "sailed" a bit, too (good teamwork moment) and we stopped for a snack and tea/coffee/cappuccino break on a very nice beach. On the whole a very good experience. The only "down side" was a tiny hole in the hull of our kayak, that flooded the rear part of the semi-dry compartment. But luckily enough, we had put all sesnsitive things in extra dry bags.

Date of experience: February 2017

Thanks for your comments Francis, glad to hear you had such a good time and that you were well looked after by our team. All the best for the rest of your travels. Cheers!

Reviewed 14 March 2017

We had so much fun on this kayaking adventure. Everyone was so friendly, the weather was wonderful, the sites were breathtaking, and they made us coffee! What's not to love? This was my favorite thing I did on my whole NZ trip so quit thinking about booking and just book already!

I'd also recommend packing a lunch and spending time on Hahei beach after the trip. It was wonderful to relax afterward.

Date of experience: February 2017

Wow thanks for your generous comments Jenn! I'll be sure to share your review with our team, they will be delighted that you had such a good time. All the best for the rest of your travels!

Reviewed 13 March 2017 via mobile

Did the Cathedral Cove classic this afternoon, such an amazing experience. I've never kayaked before but this wasn't a problem at all, kayaked over to cathedral cove where we had coffee made on the beach and time to explore, fantastic way to spend an afternoon!!

Date of experience: March 2017

Awesome, thanks Tracy, glad to hear you had such a good time! Thanks again for kayaking with us.