“Very nice pizza”
Review of El Tigrillo

El Tigrillo
Ranked #7 of 48 Restaurants in Mindo
Cuisines: Italian
Description: El Tigrillo with a history of almost 30 years, being the first restaurant in Mindo, previously named San Francisco, since November 11, 2008, starting to be called El Tigrillo. The pizzeria El Tigrillo is characterized by having an original Italian pizza, respecting the traditions and ingredients of that country. On the other hand, we make national food.
Reviewed 11 September 2018 via mobile

The prices are high for a pizza. However, we shared a familiar (42cm), so the price became duable. The pizza was amazing, thin and richely decorated. We had the garlic bread as an appetizer, I would definitely recommend that!

Reviewed 25 August 2018 via mobile

Had a large salami pizza. The base was uncooked in parts, the salami was elusive and the rest was cheese. Relatively expensive for a pizza in Ecuador and really not very good at all. We also ordered a mixed salad which arrived when we'd finished the pizza.

Reviewed 24 August 2018

I was only going to have a salad until I saw a beautiful thin crust pizza delivered to an adjacent table... I told my boyfriend to order a large and I still ordered the salad for me. Cooked in a wood fired grill the pizza (with everything) was delivered to our table hot and crispy. The flavors, spices, topping... Just perfect. It is very unusual for a thin crust pizza with lots of toppings to stay crisp. This one did! If you are a fan of thin crust pizzas you must go here. I still got the salad which was huge loaded with fresh tomatoes, avocados, green peppers and more. Even after 5 pieces of pizza I could not resist the better part of this salad.

Reviewed 8 August 2018 via mobile

I know a Tigrillo is not a tiger but I’m sure Tony the Tiger would agree, They’re Grrreat!!! .
We came here 2 nights in a row, a rarity for us. Best pizza in Ecuador. Service is fast and capable. Great family venue. If you visit Mindo put this place on your itinerary.

Reviewed 16 July 2018

I had a good time at El Tigrillo. It was recommended to me by a friend and has a domed, wood (I believe) oven where they cook the pizza. It was definitely a nice change of pace from my normal fare here in Ecuador and very family friendly. The staff is nice and it's usually crowded. We went for dinner and were a big group, so it was nice that they could accommodate all of us. If you want pizza in Mindo, it's a nice option, but it's not at the top of my list.