“Delicious desserts!”

Ranked #3 of 48 Restaurants in Mindo
Price range: US$5 - US$12
Cuisines: American, Ecuadorean, Bar, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch
Description: El Quetzal de Mindo is one of the premier restaurants in Mindo, Ecuador. Located only a few blocks from the Parque Central de Mindo, yet located in a quiet area with a river view where you can see hummingbirds, toucans, parrots and quetzals. We serve fresh foods harvested from our own organic gardens. Our menu selection includes authentic Ecuadorian dishes and typical American food options. Freshly made vegetarian options are available daily. Special dishes with chocolate and coffee. Our world-famous brownie. Freshly roasted coffee on site and we make award winning chocolate in all forms and artisan beer. Chocolate making tours daily. 1.5 hours from Quito
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My partner and I had already had a large lunch that day when we arrived here for dinner. Due to this we decided to just have a dessert each as we’d heard good things about the chocolate here, and the reports are definitely true!

We shared both a chocolate brownie and a molten chocolate with fruit dessert, both of which were absolutely divine. I also had a chocolate milkshake which was fantastic.

The gentleman who served us did not speak much English but really made an effort when chatting to us, which we greatly appreciated.

Thoroughly recommend this place for anything chocolate-related, and we didn’t think the desserts were too badly priced either! You will not be disappointed!

Barbara W, Owner at El Quetzal de Mindo, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Rhys, thank you for the review and we are glad you enjoyed our desserts!

Reviewed 10 October 2018 via mobile

Stopped in to grab a brownie after seeing the reviews on here. Best brownie ever. All the reviews are true.

Thanks Georgia!

Reviewed 27 September 2018 via mobile

We'd just finished touring the butterfly farm as well as the hummingbird park and our guide, Luis, recommended that we stop here for lunch. The food was delicious, portions were ample,a nod the service was speedy. I had a chicken sandwich with yucca fries and I washed it down with a blackberry smoothie. The TripAdvisor rating was well deserved.

Reviewed 13 September 2018

A friend who lived in Ecuador told me I had to stay at El Quetzal and eat their chocolate brownies. So I did just that. I booked a balcony room with Barbara, the owner, through Airbnb, and enjoyed the sight of misted green mountains in the mornings, and coffee and breakfast (included with room). The breakfast I liked was called the Mindo, and consists of a cup of coffee, a plate of fresh fruits, vegetable ceviche (lime, onion, tomato, herbs), fried eggs, and an arepa made from plaintain topped with cheese and saucey goodness. During the day I hiked to the cascades (about 1.5 up the road from the hotel, or you can take a taxi to the entrance of the cascade park). I did the chocolate tour at El Quetzal and tried cuy for the first time for dinner in the restaurant -- similar to a pork belly delicacy. I recommend the housemade ginger beer (beware: It's strong!) and the brownies. Well, and of course all the chocolates! Enjoy Mindo.

Reviewed 12 September 2018 via mobile

We did the tour in the evening with an active preparation of chocolate to drink! Guide took a lot of time for us to explain everything...and it tastes great, if you like high -% chocolate

BWElQuetzal, Owner at El Quetzal de Mindo, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2018

Thank you for the review! Glad you enjoyed it