5,115 results
All reviews ko restaurant cafe ciao suite hotel nick's fish market adult pool canoe experience four seasons president's club swim up bar breakfast buffet upper pool living room our honeymoon ocean view two sinks top notch walk in shower
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

this Is a great hotel. The staff is terrific The concierge helped plan our stay and helped rearrange things as we felt our need changed.
It’s a large resort hotel with all the amenities
It even has a fabulous water slide for the kids. That’s if adults like me let them have a chance.
The hotel is in Wailea. Here are several other properties adjacent to each other including the Grand Wailea and the Four Seasons.
Every day we used the walkway between the beach and the hotels. It’s very nice.
We booked on my American Express cars. Breakfast and a rom upgrade in included with the Amex card. The Amex Card is like gold here.
Back to the hotel.
Breakfast is for the most part buffet style It caters not only to American taste but to Asian cuisine. I usually do lox and bagel and fruit. Try the exotic fruit. They also have gluten free muffins etc. I can’t wait for that fad to be over
I’m writing this on a very large balcony looking over a fountain and the pools.
Land must be more pricy I.Maui than Kauai. Most of the hotels seem to have more floors here.
Today the hotel was full but I am glad to report that the place didn’t seem crowded. There are more than enough lounge chairs by the pool and beach to accommodate every one.
One important food item there is a restaurant by the pool you can eat dinner at so for a most price by Hawaiian standard you can have a good dinner. We skipped the main restaurants only because we felt like eating out
Dinner entrees hover around 40 dollars in town. No surprisess there.
Lastly it’s a short walk about a mile to the upscale mall with Gucci ,Tommy Bahama, Tiffany and the like. Several restaurants too. It’s not my style to yuppie shop on vacation but enough people must do
To sum it up it’s a lovely hotel in paradise
Just a short note about me as a reviewer. I only take the time to do this for hotels I like. Sure I can not pick about minor stuff but your on vacation. Forget about all that
Lastly I am doing this on my iPad which has its limitations

Room Tip: If it’s important to be near the center of the hotel speak up
Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

We loved the location and the very well designed and appointed suites with roomy balconies. Ask for 6th floor for a beautiful, unobstructed view of the ocean. Upscale area, accommodations and feel; friendly and very attentive staff. Nice to have separate adult pool. Location is quiet/ private and not in view of or shared with other resorts or beaches; a winding sidewalk along the shoreline will take you to other resorts.... nice for morning walks and joggers. Well kept beach area. Shopping and restaurants were a little too far for us to walk however hotel shuttle will transport within 3 miles I believe. Food and beverage choices were good but drinks especially pricey. Suggest going to ABC store near hotel or stop at Costco near airport for breakfast items, fruit, snacks, pop & alcohol. Fridge and microwave in room. You’ll drop $100 for breakfast for two if you go to the restaurant. Great happy hour menus at all three restaurants... and happy hour is staggered between the three.... so you can stagger from mid afternoon to mid evening if you time it right. Enjoy!

Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
3  Thank jhub101
FairmontKeaLaniMaui, Director of Guest Experience at Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Aloha jhub101 and allow me to begin by thanking you for selecting Fairmont Kea Lani as your recent Maui vacation destination. We know there are several other great options in Wailea and appreciate your stay. I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed so many aspects of your stay from the spacious suite to walking along the stunning Wailea beach path to take in the beautiful Maui scenery. One thing that stood out in your review and made me smile from ear to ear was your remarks regarding our "friendly and very attentive staff". Nothing makes me happier than reading about how you felt so well taken care of by our incredible staff. It's our goal to treat every guest as a part of our 'ohana (family) and it seems like you felt that warm spirit of aloha during your stay. We hope to welcome you back for another great stay soon!

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

We had a fabulous holiday. The room was very spacious with separate bedroom, lounge, kitchenette and huge bathroom, large balcony with a table, chairs and sunbed with a view of the wonderful gardens and sea beyond. The grounds are very well kept with several swimming pools, a dedicated childrens' and adult only pools with waiter service and clean towels when required. The room was very quiet and we slept very well in the comfortable bed. We had the buffet breakfast which was delicious and had every kind of food you could want we also had a meal downstairs in Ko it was superb, the food was very good, service excellent great for a special occasion. Don't forget to watch the lighting of the tiki torches at sunset in the grounds great fun. Would recommend this hotel in the beautiful island of Maui to anyone and hopefully will go again.

Room Tip: Go for a room high up for a better view and more quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family

Aloha Terry! I'm thrilled to hear you had such an amazing stay with us. It sounds like everything from the comfort of your spacious suite to the variety and quality of food at our restaurants not only met your expectations but exceeded them! I'm pleased to learn that you enjoyed our evening Torch Lighting Ceremony. We certainly appreciate recommendation and hope to welcome you back for another wonderful stay!

Reviewed 13 October 2018

my family and i stayed here over the 4th of july. it is a beautiful hotel...the rooms are large, suites...the pool was very nice. they had activities for the kids. it was a very nice stay. the restaurants were very good also. they could handle a group of 14 with not too many problems. it was a great stay.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family

Aloha jolynm and thank you for sharing your holiday experience with us. I'm overjoyed to hear that your entire family enjoyed the special activities and the delicious cuisine on property leading to a wonderful vacation in Maui! It will be a pleasure to welcome you back for another fabulous summer vacation.

Reviewed 11 October 2018

Booking directly at Fairmont and asking for a quite room not close to the street or parking: Guess what we got. A Room close to the parking, with lot's of noises from the General AC Generator and cars. Next to the noise, it was as if the room hasn't been cleaned for the last 20 days. We could change the roomd and had a great sleep till 6.30am, when a breakfast meeting started in front of our window. Will be over next day - so do not worry - I thought. Wrong! So we moved again. Very quite but dirty too. Service mostly non existing. Most of the employees have a look for the hotel and themselves but not the guests need. Among many…. we ordered some cuttlery, after finishing our meal in the room and we had put our kids - and ourselves - for a short afternoon rest to bed, put the NON DISTURBING sign at the outside of the door… 50 minutes later, somebody knocked at the door...mhhh… guess who was awake…but great, we got the cuttlery, which we did need anymore. You are ask, if you wish your the room to be cleaned at a specific time, you can tell them but leave it - it's not recognized…. All matters you tell the front desk manager…. they clearly do not care. Mr. Michael Pye, the new General Manager, should start working and get the things going better. The Food and beverage manager, with whom I had a good conversation, mentioned one surprising point. He mentioned that the local people have a certain way of working attitude…. one advice...go and have look at your neighbour - The Fourseasons - or even the Fairmont on Big Island, they work with locals too, but must have trained their people differently, have a better control and are better in charge, the local workers there are just very different. They are happy to do something for the guest!
It is not the people - it is the drastic bad managment, from front desk to General Manager, who should know and care!

Stayed: October 2018
1  Thank martin w
FairmontKeaLaniMaui, Director of Front Office at Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2018

Dear Martin W,

Thank you for your time in sharing your feedback. I am so sorry that we fell short of your expectations and we realize that the valuable commodity you sought, time, was taken from you. I am however pleased that I had the opportunity to connect with you directly to discuss your experience prior to your departure. We wish you safe forward travels to your next destination.

Gary Sutton