All reviewssteak pieminute walksingle roomgreat value for moneylarge bowlcontinental breakfastwould stay here againmealmotorway
Reviewed 5 August 2017

The grange hotel in coatbridge is a beautiful restaurant with a good parking facility easily accsesible by M8 motorway A725 links it to the M74 and whifflet train station is only a 10-15 minute walk the food is lovely and staff is always happy to help

Room Tip: never stayed in a room
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 July 2017

My husband and I have been going to The Grange Hotel a number of times for their lovely meals. I have the cheese and coleslaw salad with chips and my husband used to get the chicken coujons with chips but after trying the ham and pineapple salad with potatoes he always has this every time we go now (even on his birthday).

You should go to this hotel for a meal as you won't be disappointed. The staff are always well presented and always ask if everything is alright with your meal.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 July 2017

My wife and I stayed here on a Wowcher deal (Bed, breakfast plus a 2 course evening meal each plus a bottle of wine in the room) for £79. The room we had was on the ground floor (as requested) on the 2 floor "Garden Wing". The room was of a reasonable size and well presented and good quality bed and furnishing. As it was a cheap deal we were expecting a restricted evening meal menu but this was not the case. We could have anything on the menu (apart from a steak which which was at a supplement. The meal was in their "Cooks Restaurant" and both the food and service were excellent. TIP- this is a popular venue so it's best to book in advance as it was full the night we were their. The breakfast served in "Rosies Cafe" was also excellent so we will definitely be back the next time we are in the area. NB: It's also only a 5-10 minute walk to the"Kelpies"

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

I made a visit to the grange with friends who live locally, we went to celebrate their 75th Wedding Anniversay. They visit the place every week, you would think they may wish to go somewhere else. As the food is great why would you wish for more.
The meal choices were very good, and the drinks wonderful, the drink of the week was Gin @ Tonic served in a large bowl glass, " I would call it bucket size, however the drink was great, and very refreshing. Good job I was not driving. I would visit again when in the neibourhood.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 January 2017

Slightly better than average pub grub in an average pub lounge. Service is efficient and pleasant, prices are about right for what you get. Good views over the Shawhead flyover and handy for Mackinnon Mills, if either of those things float your boat.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family