All reviews sea view billiard room fresh milk the pub seafood platter dog friendly hotel real tea roaring fire car park specials board eggs benedict ate here evening meal sea front full english standard room both nights
Reviewed 2 September 2018

We stayed here for one night at the end of our walking holiday on the Peddars Way and coast path. On arrival there was no-one at the desk and when we asked a member of staff she just pointed to a bell to call for service. The man who arrived said he didn't do check in so we would have to bear with him. The room was lovely with a large comfy bed and view of the sea and pier. The fresh milk and bottled water was a nice touch. We went down to the bar for a drink - as I have said they were busy( it was carnival week) so we didn't mind a wait but didn't expect the barman to say that he would serve someone ahead of us as another member of staff would come in a minute.
We chose to eat elsewhere and had an excellent meal in The Bann Thai. We returned to have a drink before going to bed. The bar was much quieter and the staff were clearing down before last orders but the service was shocking. We heard a member of staff who we believe was in charge that evening instructing another girl to" tell that lot ( the customers, including us) to get lost as we were closing.There were other customers who had previously queried the opening times when refused another drink " We finished our drinks and went to our room feeling much less than welcome.
Breakfast had a limited choice as there was an issue with the gas - again this was out of the direct control of the hotel and what was offered was good quality.
Overall the stay was a disappointing end to our holiday

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
KirstyAbraham, General Manager at The Red Lion, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2018

Thank you for leaving a review following your stay at The Red Lion, Cromer.

I am pleased you found your room to be lovely with a large comfy bed however I apologise that you found our team to be unwelcoming. As you will see from most of our other reviews, our staff are usually praised for being friendly so this is very unusual to hear.

I hope you will give The Red Lion another chance in the near future.

Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

I have had the pleasure of staying here a good few times, absolutely love it.
Team are great, rooms are beautiful, especially if you have a sea view, food is delicious, location is perfect.
Once you visit you will want to return,

Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business

Thank you for leaving a review following your stays at The Red Lion, Cromer.

I am pleased you find the rooms to be beautiful and the food to be delicious!

Reviewed 20 August 2018 via mobile

A truly lovely hotel.
Clean and comfortable everything you need with some wonderful views.
Food is delicious.. nothing is too much trouble. Warm friendly bar area.
The staff are all truly lovely. Kind..curtious.. and helpful.. very welcoming, they all make this hotel brilliant and a real pleasure to visit.
Best hotel ever... Will be back next year ..

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
KirstyAbraham, General Manager at The Red Lion, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2018

Thank you for leaving a review following your 5th stay at The Red Lion, Cromer.

I am pleased you enjoyed your recent stay and you found your room to be clean and comfortable.

Thank you for your comments regarding the staff and your meals - I have passed your review onto our team for them to see.

Reviewed 12 August 2018

We go to the End of the Pier show annually and last year and this stayed at the conveniently situated Red Lion. Lovely comfortable room with a splendid bathroom. We were able to book a table for two lovely evening meals. The breakfast was very tasty with plenty of choice. All staff were extremely helpful, especially Jo. Many thanks, we will be back soon

Room Tip: Sea view rooms are a bonus but there may be a little noise from the bar but not enough to worry. All comfortable with good facilities
Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for leaving a review following your stay at The Red Lion, Cromer.

I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and you found your room to be comfortable.

Reviewed 11 August 2018 via mobile

The staff were polite and they were accommodating towards dogs but they do not cater for vegans at all. The waitress asked the chef who explained there was absolutely no possibility of making a vegan meal.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank tonieee

Thank you for leaving a review following your visit to The Red Lion, Cromer.

I am pleased you found the staff to be polite. We do cater for vegans however our vegan menu does need to be pre ordered from 48 hours prior to your reservation. This enables our kitchen team to collect the necessary ingredients and prepare your meals. If we have ingredients in the kitchen, we will always try and do something for you. This time of year is extremely busy which means we are not holding ingredients and we cook everything to order.

I hope you will give The Red Lion another chance in the near future.