Lock in the lowest price from these sites
FindHotel
Hotels.com
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 July 2017

We Stayed in Hostal Loreto for 5 Nights... Didn't want to leave.
Douglas & Staff was Absolutely Fantastic, Great food & Drink. Rooms was absolutely spotless & updated to character of the traditional Building in the old town of Denia.
Best place to stay especially during Denia's Many Festivals as it is just off the main part of town.
Also love waking upto the Cathedral Bells in the distance in the morning.
Nice having Aircon too.
They was very helpful with everything and cant wait to book again soon.
Thanks too everyone for a great time!

Dean & Lisa UK

Room tip: Stayed in 111, couldn't hear a thing outside at night...just the catherdral bells in the distance in the morning... nice
Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Douglas H, Owner at Hostal Loreto, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2017

Thank you for your enthusiastic response! We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 4 July 2017

Stayed here as a solo traveller for a week and it just didn't really suit me. It's in a great location right on the Calle Loreto or 'tapas alley' as it's known locally, so perfect for all the Spanish bars and restaurants, but the actual hotel is to small and a bit quirky and eccentric . I guess it does what it says on the tin, being a hostal, but it was just to basic for my needs. being a pretty big chap, 6'2" and 17 stone I really struggled in my room, which I must say, is the smallest room I have ever seen. I struggled getting in and out of the shower, which again was way to small. The room overlooked the courtyard and had a balcony, although it's not really a proper balcony, as again it was extremely small. They class the room as 'superior' but not sure what extra you get apart from a small fridge. I booked a courtyard room to avoid the street noise, but I got noise from people talking in reception and the courtyard, which had a weird echoey feel to it and not at all what I expected. Also the phone in reception was very loud and that noise also drifted throught he courtyard into my room, which was annoying if I was trying to have a lie in or a siesta in the afternoon. I had a small fridge which I used to keep water cool and a small TV which had only basic Spanish channels, which some you could change to English language, but this was a bit of a pain. Breakfast was included, orange juice, toasted ham & cheese sandwich and coffee, and you could get bacon & eggs for 2 euros extra. Getting information, although the owners & staff where very nice, was a bit sketchy at times and an information leaflet of some sort would have been helpful on arrival to save constantly having to ask them questions. Anyway all in all I loved Denia and loved the food. I was looking for a more authentic Spanish experience, which is exactly what I got, but next time I will stay in a larger hotel. The Loreto is maybe more suited to a shorter stay, and the single rooms to a smaller person

Room tip: Room 212 is very small
Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Mark W
Douglas H, Owner at Hostal Loreto, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I'm glad you appreciated our unique location. It's worth noting that we have 9 different room types with 3 different sizes of beds so I'm sure there would have been one to suit you if you had wanted to upgrade. Only 15 of our 43 rooms are on the patio you mention so there is also plenty of choice with regards to orientation. Our "superior" rooms are equipped with fridges and generally speaking have more facilities than our "standard" rooms. Our flat screen TV's offer a choice of 26 channels and although the majority are Spanish there are several English language channels such as the Disney Channel and Paramount. All Spanish channels transmit foreign series and films in both the original language and Spanish and switching language only requires pressing the language key on the remote control. Please feel free to check the prices of our larger rooms for your future visits to Denia as our prices are very competitive and the prices of our larger rooms are still substantially cheaper than those of comparable rooms in larger hotels.

Reviewed 28 June 2017

STayed here with my daughter for five nights from the 16/62017 . We had a room overlooking the street which is full of. Tapas bars so may not suit everyone but we loved it and would difinately stay in this room again. There are quieter rooms facing the courtyard. Ours room had French Windows and a juliette balcony and housekeeping was fantastic . It was immaculate and the en suite bathroom with fresh towels when requested. We had a large bed which was so comfortable and they even changed the linen during our stay. Tv , hairdryer ,safe and air on. We had a bath with a shower over and a separate shower cubicle. Check in was easy and they were very friendly and welcoming. THe hostel is situated in the old town in a lovely street and five minutes from the front and some great retaurants and Denia is lovely. I would definitely stay here again and would recommend it. We booked a superior room and the breakfast which is very simple but you can order more if needed. Thankyou for a great stay.

Room tip: Quieter rooms overlook the courtyard but we loved our room overlooking the street it was so cosmopolitan .
Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 2 June 2017

We stayed at Hostal Loreto for one night on Monday 29th May.It was my husbands birthday and we wanted to go to the restaurant across the road, restaurant l'escoleta without needing to drive anywhere.It was the first time we stayed here.
We can not praise our stay at Hostal Loreto enough.It is gem of a find,exceptional value for money,a warm welcome ,very helpful and friendly staff who went out off their way to accommodate us,even making our restaurant reservation for that evening. We felt our custom as guests was valued by the staff throughout our stay.Originally it was a convent, so a very interesting building to look around on the stay.
I had never stayed in a Hostal before so did not know what to expect. So booked one of the superior rooms,first floor,that overlooks the very pretty pedestrian street, with bars and restaurants and where you can lazily watch the daily life of Denia pass by.Its very well located to get around Denia on a visit.
Our bedroom and en suite surpassed all expectations with top marks. It was all so immaculately clean, every surface and floor gleamed and shone to perfection.Our compliments to the chamber maids and management for these high standards. A wonderful mattress on the huge bed gave me a great nights sleep even with the prolapsed disc in my back. I was surprised to see all the facilities in the room too,which includes air conditioning,hairdrier, tv,safe,and fridge. Our bathroom was pristine and included a full size bath much to my husbands delight,plus over bath shower and also a separate shower cubicle, just not expecting all these facilities in what is called a Hostal
.Breakfast was simple and perfectly adequate and inclusive in this incredibly reasonable price. Plus secure car parking for small charge. Everything you could ask for and so much more.We will definitely stay again when in the area and highly recommend too, meeting our needs exactly.Our thanks to the management and all the staff.

Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank amnesiacpair
DuenoDouglas, Owner at Hostal Loreto, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2017

Thank you so much for your kind words. It was a pleasure having you! Looking forward to the next time. Kindest regards from the Hostal Loreto Team

Reviewed 27 May 2017 via mobile

Nice and quiet for disconnecting from everything, its also nice because you are in the center, is full of bars and restaurant in wich you can enjoy the typical mediterranean tapas, wines, and of course all homemade. Beds could be a bit more confortable, but nice, owners are super polite and nice.

Date of stay: May 2017