“Birthday dinner”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly
Neighbourhood: Buckhead
Reviewed 3 May 2018 via mobile

Met 8 friends for a birthday. Everyone had been here before except me. They love this place, I did not. Starting with the garlic knots that were raw in the center. Everything is a la carte and entrees are overpriced for the portion. Four entrees had to be sent back because they were cold! The chicken parm was the blandest I've ever tasted. The chicken Marsala had a very watery sauce. The free homemade potato chips were ultra salty. My friends can go back without me. The service was good.

1  Thank monmcs

Reviewed 11 April 2018

I ordered lunch for myself and my boss to be pick up at 1:30 pm. I arrived at 1:33 pm order not ready. No big deal! The owner gives me the food and I told him it was incomplete. He then tells me that is correct. I said no I am the one who placed the order on the phone with you. Owner wanted to clearly go back and forth with me. He finally has the pasta made as I ordered. Here comes the total I told him that was the wrong charge for the pasta because of what is posted on his website. Again he wanted to go back and forth. We will never eat here again and we tell our guest not to eat here. Being nice doesn't cost anything BUT being Rude cost you customers which equals money for you business. First and last time eating at this place and to top it off food wasn't good. We paid for garlic knots received regular bread. I guess he thought we could taste the difference. The kitchen cook who brought me my food was very nice he should be at your front desk!

Reviewed 6 December 2017

We thought the food was pretty good, meatballs were in fact excellent. The place is small which suits us perfectly, service was good as was the pricing.

First time we had been here in several years and not much has changed, will come back and try some other dishes,---nice break from Olive Garden type Italian restaurants. Not as good as Frankie's or Scallini's in Cobb County but then again it's not as noisy either.

Reviewed 30 October 2017

We decided to go here just because we hadn't been to any of the Italian places near our new apartment. Our expectations weren't too high as we were just looking for a decent meal.

Our expectations were blown away by how good it was! I'm not sure if we just ordered the best things on the menu, or they were having a particularly good night in the kitchen, but both me and my partner were very impressed and would rank it as one of our top Italian restaurants in the midtown/buckhead area.

I had the gnocchi pasta vino, which was perfectly cooked with a great sauce that was a good mix of filling but not too heavy. Gnocchi is easy to mess up, but is one of my favorite dishes when done right, and Pasta Vino certainly passed the test for me. My partner got the goat cheese & apple ravioli which was incredible - sometimes goat cheese can be overpowering, but in the ravioli it was at the perfect strength and quantity. The sauce was quite sweet (possibly too sweet for some), but I found it to be perfect.

We also got the seasonal pumpkin cheesecake for dessert, which was a good way to end the meal. Not too rich and not overly heavy on the pumpkin flavor. The bread at the beginning of the meal was quite good also.

Service was good - a little hands off, but I prefer it that way. Everything came out in a timely manner. Both the patio and inside of the restaurant had nice decor.

Overall a great dinner. We will definitely be coming back frequently now that we live so close by!

Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

I haven't been here for a while. The homemade chips in the basket as you enter are still great. My wife has a half Caesar salad, which was very good. The hot rolls they brought to the table were amazing. I had the linguini with white clam sause. Plenty of clam but the sauce was not very good. It was watery. My wife had the meatballs & spaghetti. She didn't like the meatballs, too much filler. We asked for more bread & got a different type of bread which was not as good as the original bread we we're served. Overall we were disappointed in our meal. Our server Johir was very good.

1  Thank StevenHScher

Been to Pasta Vino? Share your experiences!