5 people are viewing this hotel
PricelineUS$319
Agoda.comUS$319
Trip.comUS$320
2,315 results
All reviews fox theater rooftop pool full kitchen washer and dryer historic hotel two bedroom suite southern charm valet parking self park fitness center livingston midtown anthony ballroom doorman concert meeting
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 October 2021 via mobile

I really wanted to love the Georgian Terrace. I used to work kiddie corner to it and always wanted to stay. The lobby and the restaurants are absolutely beautiful and well decorated. While the restaurants had limited availability, the food and drinks were good and the wait staff were responsive and kind. We had a two bedroom suite and i was excited because it had a kitchen and a washer/dryer…perfect for traveling with our 2 young kids. Man, the kitchen was pretty terrible with appliances that were older than me and there was only like one pot, one pan, one fork and one plate. It was not very useable and that left me disappointed. The washer and dryer were also very old (but they worked). I really think at the price point, the hotel should upgrade the appliances. That would make a HUGE difference. The roof top pool was cold (to be far, it’s October) and had lots of bird feathers in the water. And there were lots of pigeons that were literally chilling on the rooftop. My kids, who could swim all day, only lasted for about 15 minutes before wanting to leave. Like the appliances, the pool floor also needs refinishing.

We ended up leaving the hotel earlier than planned (still paying what we originally owed) because it was not what we were expecting. When I got home, I noticed my bill was more than double what I expected and it took me a while to find the right customer service person to help, but when I found her (I think her name is Esther?), she was great at refunding my money.

Overall, I give this hotel 3 stars bc all the staff were very nice and the room was clean and spacious, but the hotel is dying for many upgrades that you would expect from a hotel at this price point.

Room tip: Do not rely on the kitchen being useable. Rooftop has lots of pigeons.
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank jihanrj
Property Management, Owner at The Georgian Terrace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2021

Jihan, thank you for taking the time to post your review. Providing thoughtful, attentive service with a commitment to quality is always our number one priority. We have also relayed your concern to our leadership team. We encourage you to try us again in the near future. We are confident you will enjoy the exceptional stay you deserve.

Reviewed 28 October 2021

I've wanted to stay at this hotel for a long time and was very excited when it was time to check in, however, our room was terribly small and laid out poorly. The walls were paper thin so we heard everyone in the lobby below who came and went and it woke us both up many times both nights we were there.

When we got into our room we had to seach for towels like a scavenger hunt throughout the room. The soap dispenser was empty.

What I really thought was odd is when they charged us upon checkin for "incidentals." This was a daily charge of $75/day that we had to pay in advance. I have no problem with hotels doing an authorization on my credit card, but this was above and beyond.

The staff seemed to not really care at all. Despite a manditory mask requirement in the hotel, half of them did not wear masks and the valet was too busy smoking on the bench outside the front door to held call a cab for us.

Truly it was an odd experience.

Room tip: Don't stay on the second floor. All noise from the lobby can be heard.
Date of stay: October 2021

Jennifer, thank you for sharing your feedback. We are deeply disappointed that your visit did not meet expectations. We strive to provide our guests a seamless experience. Please trust that we will review this internally. If you plan on returning to the area in the future, we know we can provide you with the stay you deserve.

Reviewed 27 October 2021 via mobile

We stayed at the Georgian Terrace last weekend. It was our first visit. I had always wanted to stay there, but the price point was always significantly higher than other 4-4.5 star hotels in the Midtown area. I thought I hit the jackpot when I found a two bedroom suite for about $200/night. The lobby and common areas are really lovely, and staff members working the valet area and restaurant downstairs were particularly friendly and accommodating. We got to our room, and it was just OK. The beds were fine, but you could tell they were older and well-worn. The suite had both a full kitchen and a set of laundry machines. In both cases, the appliances were really, really old. Like maybe the 1970s old. The beds had a thin, silky coverlet that did not offer much warmth, and the bath towels were small and very thin. On the plus side, the a/c cranked extremely cold, and the living room and bathroom were updated. I would have given this hotel 3.5 stars, but that wasn’t an option. With that said, it’s closer to a 4 star than a 3.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank christineh281

Christine, thank you for completing a review to share your recent experience with us. We sincerely apologize that we were less than perfect in providing a wonderful, memorable visit. Your observations about your suite are noted. We will address your concerns with the appropriate department managers. We thank you again for your remarks, as we take these reviews very seriously and consider them a tool to improve our quality and service levels. We hope you will consider a return visit and allow us to make up for the shortcomings during your recent experience at our hotel.

Reviewed 18 October 2021

I was very hesitant about booking here, but I’m glad I did!! PreCovid this was our go to hotel, but as with all hotels, the Georgian Terrace is operating with limited staff! The staff that’s here was exceptional. The checkin process was great! The room was very clean and stocked! Even when I asked for dishes and silverware late at night they brought it to the room within 10-15 minutes. Lisa, the bartender at the Livingston Bar made my last night here a blast!!

Trip type: Travelled on business
Property Management, Owner at The Georgian Terrace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2021

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. Providing thoughtful, attentive service with a commitment to quality is always our number one priority. We hope you stay with us again in the near future. We are confident you will enjoy another exceptional stay.

Reviewed 3 October 2021 via mobile

Stayed here labor day weekend, no microwave no fridge. Restaurant was closed no vending or ice machine had I known would have chosen a different location stayed here 4 times previously without incident never again.

Date of stay: September 2021
Trip type: Travelled solo
Property Management, Owner at The Georgian Terrace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2021

Jonathan, thank you for reviewing your time with us. We regret the challenges you experienced during your stay. We have shared your feedback with the appropriate teams, and we are working with them to fix the problem you outlined. Please consider giving us another opportunity to provide you with the exceptional experience you deserve.