Primera Hotel(St. Paul's Bay)
US$88
  • Restaurant
Dolmen Hotel Malta(St. Paul's Bay)
US$206
US$162
  • Beachfront
Salini Resort(St. Paul's Bay)
US$345
US$195
  • Free Breakfast
Hotel Santana(St. Paul's Bay)
US$168
US$97
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$113/night.

Porto Azzurro(St. Paul's Bay)
US$106
US$99
  • Pool
San Pawl Hotel(St. Paul's Bay)
US$110
US$91
  • Restaurant
Qawra Palace Hotel(St. Paul's Bay)
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$136
US$129
  • Beachfront
Savings alert! 43% below average rates

The price you found is 43% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$227/night.

Topaz Hotel(St. Paul's Bay)
US$189
US$177
US$301
US$293
  • Restaurant
All reviewsrooftop poolminute walk from the centreunderground tunnelrooms are bigwalls are very thinsister hotelreception staff arelarge balconyextra pillowsclean towels every dayspent a week heremost morningsamazing hotelcleaned dailyflat screen tvroom was spaciousbath shower
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Good things:
Our room was spacious, tasteful and clean.
The bed was large and comfortable (minus pillows).
The reception staff were friendly.
Handyman was nice, very attentive and willing to help.

Bad things:
I am not a fussy traveler and don't expect the earth from a fairly budget hotel like this, I also absolutely hate making a fuss but I really felt like the least the staff could do was try and resolve our kindly worded complaints/disappointments, even if they couldn't, they should've explained further and appeared to be making an effort to help. Then I feel we would've left on a better note with this hotel and I wouldn't even be writing this.

On arrival our room and balcony was facing a wall (it is a 'city view' I guess), so we thought no harm in asking if they have a different room available but every day we were told they were fully booked although there were rooms still available to book online...? No explanation for this.. maybe the rooms were worse than the one we already had somehow? -at least that would have put our minds to rest.

Power points in the room didn't work for the first day (offered no explanation), we were unable to charge anything and it messed up our second day, having no internet/maps/communications etc.

The fridge didn't work...the handyman immediately replaced it with another fridge but sadly it only worked a bit more than the broken one, still did not really chill things to the degree a fridge should. The fridges available just seemed very old and it wasn't the handyman's fault at all.

The shower head was broken on arrival and to be fair it was fixed fairly quickly with a replacement (the handy man was really great and attentive) but it was still not a great shower - the water went from hot to cold frequently. Again, not his fault. The saga also heavily delayed us getting out that morning. I don't know how they didn't realise our shower was so broken before checking us into that room.

I complained about our pillows after the first night (just one huge pillow each and very VERY lumpy), I was told they could do nothing as housekeeping had already been (maybe they could've checked in the empty rooms for other pillows we could've used instead?). So they left a note for housekeeping the following day.. who did nothing. Same pillows. No explanation. 3 nights of bad pillows and neck ache. It's a shame as the bed and sheets were very clean and comfortable otherwise.

The outdoor pools were freezing, I had mistakenly thought they might be heated. The weather was hot and sunny during our stay but we didn't use them much as a consequence of the coldness and they were originally a big part of the reason for booking there for us. If you are booking here just know that they are not heated, I wish that was stated on their website. The indoor pool was tiny and more for children.

The walls are also really thin. Noise was a bit of a problem.

Overall we wouldn't stay here again. Especially as I see the management reply to everyone's bad reviews on here in a really unprofessional way. I've spent years working in the service industry so I respect the staff who work in these places and would never be a 'diva', unkind or rude. However, I know from my own experience that the customer, within reason, should always be right and it's not OK to try to diminish peoples bad experiences. Listen to us and learn and be gracious when people tell you they had an unpleasant time.

All of the above things would've been dismissed if the attitude of the hotel was better. I wish I didn't have to spend so much time warning others as to what to expect. Value our time spent giving you feedback and use it. These bad experiences really affect peoples holidays and you are dismissing that and being defensive in your replies.
Nearly half of the reviews on here have rated you as terrible, poor or just average. Listen and learn from it.

Room Tip: Rooms round the back side, are quieter from street noise, get a higher room with a view in my opinion, if you can.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ArthurMcBride
Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Stayed in room 4487 and friends opposite and below.
The room wasn't ready until 2pm but we were allowed to store our luggage and come back later.
The dark haired girl on reception (Tuesday) was very good and helpful, as was the blonde girl who checked us out on the Saturday morning. All staff we spoke to were friendly and pleasant but a special mention to Mario the maintenance guy from Belgium.
He always smiled and when we asked for extra sunbed and chairs he made sure they were provided. Very helpful and cheery guy.
On arrival you pay €50 as a guarantee for the room which is refunded. I could understand if this was Malia/Magalyf and full of youths but we are mature responsible adults. It's guaranteed on your card and refunded at checkout. I travel monthly and it's the first time I've come across it.
There's a fridge, safe and hairdryer (Not located near a mirror) although I've no hair to dry.
The room was very large, clean and a decent balcony.
The pool is clean and on the roof, it was checked and tested at least twice a day that I saw and there's no lifeguard.
Massive downside to the p.o. was the hard plastic sunbed, they need a cushion on them. There was 6 to start and when we asked for more at least 25 around the pool.
You can also use facilities at the Topaz by walking underground from level -1.
Tv has some English channels.
New towels daily and cleaned daily.
A 10 minute walk to the square where I recommend the Victoria Restaurant.
If you want to catch a bus, they're cheap but always packed and it generally doesn't stop except the terminus so I advise getting one there or it will just drive right by you.
A good 4 night stay and great hotel with nice staff. Just make the sunbeds comfier for next year as they're uncomfortable 8 hours a day.
Definitely recommend

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
OrianaMalta, Manager at Oriana at the Topaz Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Hello Thecount69, Thank you for your review which we find very pleasing to read, honest & very informative. it was also a pleasure for us to have you stay at the Oriana, and will be looking forward to welcoming you once again next year. We will consider your comments about the sunbeds.

Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at the Oriana Hotel last week. The room was large with a very comfortable big bed. The room also had free WiFi and a fridge and kettle as well as an en suite bathroom. The receptionists were all very friendly and helpful.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
OrianaMalta, General Manager at Oriana at the Topaz Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2018

Hello Jane and thank you so much for your review. I am very glad to read that you were satisfied with our services.

Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

We are a Maltese family and we stayed at Oriena for the first time,and there's nothing really to complaine about.The room was very clean(cleaned everyday) and comfortable bed, with large balcony,the bathroom was OK with lots of hot water, yeah needs a little modernisation. The AC is really good. Food was really good,everyday with different dishes and so is the breakfast.. We like to go to different hotels for a short break,and without a doubt Oriana Hotel is high in our list. Good value for money.Many thanks.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank daniellisa
Reviewed 15 March 2018

We stayed at the hotel for a week with my girlfriend and I can tell you that the hotel is wonderful,all of the staff are kind and polite.The room was nice and tidy. We are coming back again and we're really recommend Oriana Hotel to all of you in the future.

Room Tip: Quiet room
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Nenad G
OrianaMalta, Manager at Oriana at the Topaz Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2018

Thank you Nenad for your review. We look forward to welcoming you once again as a guest at The Oriana in the near future