See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 13 October 2017

I have stayed in many cheap apartments, but never one like this. No matter what you pay there should be basic standards. We were given one set of keys, one opened the main building door and the other, the apartment door. The landing was dark and smelly, no lighting and the lift didn't work. There were 4 beds in one room, we moved one into the lounge area, as we had 2 women and 1 man sharing. One of the beds was impossible to sleep on as it was so rickety and creaky. The oven/hob was dirty and rusty so we had to eat out every night. Kitchen was badly equipped, 3 bowls, one tiny, one medium and one large., one filthy teapot with no lid. We moved the fridge to fit in the bed in the lounge and the floor under it was disgusting, we had to clean that. The tv did not work, nowhere to plug in the 2 pin plug. The bathroom was disgusting, the sink leaked over the floor and the toilet was black with limescale. Cleaners came in daily but didn't do much, beds were badly made up and floors not swept.
There were dodgy looking characters hanging about the front of the apartments, waiting for people not to close the front door properly and/or shouting up to the apartment across the stairwell, where they would be let in and then disappear a short time later.
It was DEFINATELY not somewhere to relax and enjoy.
We spent most of our time out with the apartment and enjoyed the sights of Malta.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

We had a bad time between 4th of September and 14 September 2017. Please take a look at the picture of our room. You can make your own mind up but the room was 802. We couldn't even have a wash and no choice but to have one night in the room. Was moved the next day but this room wasn't much better.

Stayed: September 2017
1  Thank BRIAN W
Reviewed 29 August 2017 via mobile

Booked because of reviews saying it was okay for family and couples but found a Basic hotel with lack lustre fixtures and fittings and staff that reflected this too. The good staff were constantly let down by the poor ones with chaotic scenes at mealtimes as tables were not cleared and order not kept with who was sat where. Twice we came back to our table with food to find others sat there.
Air conditioning consisted of a ceiling fan and blower which didn't bring the room temperature down sufficiently coupled with waterproof plastic coated mattresses made for poor sleeping conditions.
The evening entertainment was virtually non existent unless you count line dancing pensioners 4 nights a week and karaoke for 1 night then football on TV the others.
Pool was clean and kids enjoyed this
As a 39 year old I found it increasingly frustrating that the entertainment was poor compared to the bars surrounding the hotel who had live acts in without issue.
The Food served was great which was one of the better things about the place. Great place for the old or over 55's as the pace of service will suit the slower person. Not for the outgoing or young.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 May 2017

A realistic and honest review lets start with the
GOOD POINTS
1. location is good near bus station and central for shops and restaurants, pubs.
2. staff mostly friendly and helpful
3 rooms clean and beds comfortable, safe, fridge and all with balconies
4. mostly older clients very few kids
5 breakfast was average for a budget hotel
BAD POINTS
1. Found ants and cockroaches in our room 133 and reported it. Room is noisy as it was next to street where Elvis Bar is and early 5 am dustcart. Did not manage to get a room change. So try to avoid the rooms on this side. No kettle but you can hire one and safe is about E15 for a week.
2. Food we were on an all inclusive but although it was cheap I would rather go self catering. Went once to breakfast and it was chaos, people everywhere , run out of forks, knives etc. The bacon ,sausage, eggs, fried,poached,boiled, fried bread,beans,continental with cakes etc. NO FRUIT. Recommend to go early or later to avoid traffic as if you are like me , I don't like crowds in the morning. OR what we did one day was order a pack lunch the day before and have it for your breakfast as we are not big eaters. Pack lunch was ham and a cheese sandwich, fruit and cheese spread and crackers but no water ?
You can get snacks from the bar from 10am to 3pm so you can have something there tuna salad, burger, toasties etc There is NO BOTTLE WATER or ICE CREAM on all inclusive ?? You will not be allowed to use your own mug to take tea/coffee/juice from dining hall or take any food. Lunch is salad and was usually our best bet as the other hot food was not too good. Dinner was not too good in my opinion , salad was ok with hot food hit and miss, pasta and soup. Dessert bought in cake, chefs jelly and apple crumble ok.
ALL INCLUSIVE DRINKS -NO BOTTLE WATER , spirits cheap local and in my opinion not good. Beer was just ok.
Swimming pool one indoor smelt strongly of chloride the outdoor pool small and uninviting. enough sunbeds but never saw a shower and beside that nobody bothered to shower anyway, Personally I did not wish to use the pool for fear of catching something although in fairness I did see a man test the pool but did not know the result. There is a small jacquzzi and sunbeds on roof.
Entertainment , there is something on most nights from 8pm, Wednesday is just football on the TV, Denny D'vito on a Tuesday is not a good singer but he is good entertainer,funny and has a good rapport with the guests. As this is an older guests hotel mainly British I would have thought a BINGO night would go down well.
TV in the room has very limited channels SkyNEWS, CNN , TVMalta and italian. Could do with other film channels.
WIFI waste of time, even if you buy it, so don't. You can sit in other pubs and cafe's with free wifi.
Overall this is NOT a hotel for family with kids as this caters for mainly British pensioners on long or short stay holidays.
We did not enjoy our stay, mainly because we thought the food and alcohol was poor and decided to check out a day early.
CHECK OUT- I wish I had recorded it as you would not believe the logic of the young girl on the reception. My partner returns the keys to the receptionist at 1215 and tells her we are checking out. She says ,"Madam you are supposed to check out at 1100"! then my partner says,"We are checking out a day early"! The girl says, " how can the girl clean your room to get it ready for the next person if you are checking out now"? in an argumentative tone of voice. HELLO wake up ,we are going a day early and have paid for the room up until tomorrow so we can go whenever we feel like it but I am afraid the receptionist could not comprehend this DAA!
The worst thing about this we have booked another stay here which I am desperately trying to cancel or change,

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank sheikmilc
Reviewed 28 April 2017

It was in a nice location, the staff was extremely kind. It was always a parking lot around the hotel. If you look a good budget place to stay that is a good choice. I also really liked the idea of the swimming pool on the rooftop.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple