1,128 results
All reviews shockoe slip small hotel cobblestone street valet parking tobacco company restaurant valet service canal walk location is great street parking room was large beautiful hotel great room front desk staff bed was very comfortable richmond area beckley capital
Reviewed 2 May 2018 via mobile

Spent one night at the Berkeley hotel for my birthday with my two daughters. Bought our room through Priceline. We were treated as second class citizens from start to finish.
Arrived at the hotel. Told desk agent it's my birthday and where I came from. Daughters were present.
Agent proceeded to give us a dark room with a view of the brick building next door and a very large rusted fire escape. It was literally almost within arms length if I opened the window! Thanks for the birthday wishes!!!
The website clearly states that "breakfast is included" NOT. Next morning, asked if we could habe a voucher for breakfast and got a VERY TERSE reply "no mam!" No explanation and no eye contact from the desk person and this was clearly a manager.
Breakfast...cold limp piece of bread tried to pass for toast. I asked for another and ten minutes later waitress comes back and says they are out of bread. My daughter's Belgian waffle was cold. For the yogurt "side" for three dollars I got two tablespoons of yogurt if that.
I also brought a complimentary paper cup of coffee from the lobby to the table and the waitress charged me for coffee because she topped it off at the table!
On our way out, I stopped to complain (finally) to the same manager at the desk who gave me a curt response before about how disappointed I was on my birthday visit and she proceeded to start to argue with me about the breakfast and how you have to purchase a "package" to get that. I said that is not clear from the website and anyway it was irrelevant to what I was saying. Also, she should have explained that the first time when I first asked. Also, if they truly are worth their "reputation" the first desk person should have put us in a nicer...same priced room given what I told her. It was a Tuesday night and the hotel was half empty!! The food was subpar and cold. The manager made no effort to make any of it right.
Rude communication and unresponsive. HEY BERKELEY ITS CALLED THE SERVICE INDUSTRY FOR A REASON.
Room 602 the night of May 1 2018.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Kevin M, Manager at The Berkeley Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2018

We would first like to thank you for taking the time to tell us about your visit. It is our sincere apology that your stay did not meet your expectations. I have made Our management Team aware of the issues mentioned above and will work diligently to ensure it does not happen again. Again we do apologize and hope that you will come back and visit us here at The Berkeley Hotel.

Reviewed 27 April 2018

We had a great experience working with Kaitlyn and Megan and their catering/service team (Jo, Sterling, Emily, and Sara). Everyone was so helpful, efficient, and gracious! Their suggestions, experience, and service were all a part of our event running smoothly and successfully. The decor, food, and attention to detail were all top-notch -- everyone in our party had a marvelous time.

We also were very comfortable staying in the rooms upstairs and were thrilled at the convenience and ease of our entire experience at The Berkeley! Many thanks and gratitude for all they did for us during our son's wedding weekend in Richmond!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank santinawilson22
Kevin M, Manager at The Berkeley Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2018

Thanks so much Santinawilson22! Guests like you are the best advertising for our hotel and our wonderful employees! We love to share reviews with all of our employees. We appreciate that you took the time to complete this review.

Reviewed 26 April 2018

We had a wonderful stay. Would have liked a newspaper and a more varied menu in the dining room in the evening, but these suggestions aren't significant. Our stay was positive, and your staff is excellent!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Kevin M, General Manager at The Berkeley Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2018

Thanks so much Lindagingles for your kind words about our hotel and staff. We hope that you will visit us again soon. Guest satisfaction is very important to us. Thanks again for taking the time to let us know about your stay! Thank You for your Suggestions.

Reviewed 23 April 2018 via mobile

This was my first stay at the Berkeley. It bills itself as a "Four Star" hotel. Either my interpretation of four stars is different from the rest of the world or this is what passes for four stars in Richmond, VA. It wasn't a terrible place. But it's three stars at best. And the restaurant? Just don't. Food was basic and overpriced (like the hotel) service was friendly but bad. And all this for $250 a night. Hotel is fine for a place to sleep with a tiny television and old "looking" furniture. It's just not really a four star hotel and definitely not worth the price. I expected an experience worth the cost and was disappointed in the shortfall. It was just ok for me. I won't be staying there again, though.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Kevin M, Manager at The Berkeley Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2018

We would first like to thank you DonnySouthside for taking the time to tell us about your visit. It is our sincere apology that your stay did not meet your expectations. Again we do apologize and hope that you will come back and visit us here at The Berkeley Hotel.

Reviewed 21 April 2018

Daughter and I had a wonderful overnight. Comfy bed and well appointed room. Fantastic, friendly service from front desk and bar staff. Area is also quite but offers dining nearby. Definitely will be back!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Kevin M, Manager at The Berkeley Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2018

Wow!!! We would first like to thank you Ginger M for taking the time to tell us about visit. We are ecstatic to know that you enjoyed your visit. Your happiness and comfort is always our number one priority. It was an absolute pleasure having you here and we look forward to seeing you soon.