2,252 results
All reviews wine hour leopard print bambara restaurant charles river wine reception mini bar museum of science shopping mall complimentary wine cheesecake factory cambridgeside galleria boston area green line minute walk the north end self parking living room
Reviewed 30 October 2018

My husband stayed at the Hotel Marlowe this past weekend while we were in Cambridge to attend a celebration of our milestone wedding anniversary. We couldn't have asked for a more lovely place to stay! We are fans of the Kimpton chain d/t the excellent customer service & quality of accommodations that we've experienced in their hotels in several cities across the country. The excellent service started with Valon, the valet, who provided a great parking space for our vehicle. He then informed Emily at the front desk that we were celebrating our anniversary. She upgraded our room at no charge then sent champagne & snacks to the room. Their efforts made us feel special & our anniversary weekend even more memorable. Kimpton should be very proud of such outstanding employees. Sincere thanks!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
MarloweGM, General Manager at Kimpton Marlowe Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2018

Thank you so much for the kind words, I can't thank you enough for spending time at the Marlowe for your special day!

Reviewed 23 October 2018

There are few times in our business careers where we check in and are absolutely astonished by exceptional service. This was that one time! Arriving at the a unique steampunk sculpture that changes colors and moves and intrigues you. Then a bellman gets your door and you enter a beautiful small but elegant lobby. A modern fireplace, a classic bar and comfortable chairs great you. Free wine and appetizers in the lobby are present to welcome you with casual style. Nothing pretentious, nothing forced, everything just flows.
Then upon check in the staff make you feel like a long lost friend coming home to relax and enjoy your stay. Again smooth and professional but always above and beyond. The rooms are elegant, unique bathrooms, classic but timeless finishes, luxurious bedding all await your entry into your home away from home (seriously come make my house look like this!). The evening turn down a tv is turned on with a mesmerizing screensaver to set the calming them to allow you to unwind, relax and prepare for bed. Chocolates that are very tasty (danger for those of us trying to stay fit) await you on your pillow, along with a card giving you some history about the property and who made your room up that day.
If you make that dangerous trek down to Bambara their restaurant please beware of their Beignet. I warn you not because they are the most delicious ones outside of Cafe Du Monde but the unique seasonal flavor (warm apple with a raspberry compote) just melt all your cares away while you slowly sip a nice drink and realize it's now 1am and way past your bedtime!
Your next morning will be met with all the same spectacular services, the same outrageously smooth and caring service and each step of the way you feel relaxed, never rushed and look around and notice all your fellow travelers seem to be smiling a bit more than usual in a business hotel.

Now I will not give away my secret front desk clerk who just is AMAZING beyond anything I've ever noticed. But... should you need a quick fix (forget your belt did you?) or maybe you are craving your donuts early in the morning she'll remind you of the direct walkway connecting you to the mall so you don't have to venture out in the cold. Should you wish to they'll have an umbrella for you to keep dry if it's sprinkling out and you can walk along the river right next to the hotel with a great little gazebo to relax and talk.

Everything was amazing from my room with a view of Boston and the Charles River to the food, drinks and staff just always remembering you, looking out for your best interest and all making it look effortless. Perfection!

Room tip: Rooms looking at Boston will provide a beautiful evening view as the sun sets
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
MarloweGM, General Manager at Kimpton Marlowe Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2018

Wow, just wow...thank you so much! This is such great feedback that I'm beaming from ear to ear and can't thank you enough! This one is bulletin board material!

Thanks!

Reviewed 17 October 2018

The hotel didn't take off the $10/day credit towards meals at the hotel restaurant until I called and asked. It took several calls to get a copy of my proper bill. I suspect this happens to anyone who doesn't check their final bill.

Hotel is fine and staff is friendly.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
MarloweGM, General Manager at Kimpton Marlowe Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2018

Thank you for the feedback, this is definitely not intentional and has been addressed. Thank you for sharing.

Reviewed 14 October 2018

The room rate was not value for money. I could have found much better hotels at this rate. Also the hotel property and rooms are outdated. There were no amenities provided inside the room. Even the Wi-Fi was charged.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
MarloweGM, General Manager at Kimpton Marlowe Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2018

Thanks for the feedback, I'm so sorry we didn't live up to your expectations.

Reviewed 14 October 2018

Look no further than this hotel. The rooms are quiet and extremely comfortable; the soundproofing is good and we were not conscious of outside noise (we live in a very rural part of northern England and are used to absolute silence at night - we had no issues here). Although I like dogs I was slightly concerned that the hotel was pet friendly and would this mean I would hear barking at night... nothing at all. Didn't hear one woof in 7 days.
Location - great. I regularly walked over the nearby bridges into the very centre of Boston in 20 mins, and there is also a T station 5 mins walk away. The view of Boston from the Cambridge side of the river (just across the road) is stunning day and night.
The staff are incredibly helpful and welcoming - particular mention to the wonderful bellman Tim who produced a room diffuser purchased specially for us when I mentioned that my mother had experienced breathing difficulties this year following a lung removal. I had another query about getting hold of a road map for Vermont.... next thing I knew they were phoning around every local shop trying to find one.
There is coffee on tap in the mornings, the rooms have fridges (the mini bar lady even emptied the contents for us so that we could store our own food and drink!), everything is clean, the lifts appear from nowhere, the rental bikes were always available.... I honestly can't think of a single negative point.
Thank you for all your help and friendliness, you are fully deserving of your high rating.

• Trip type: Travelled with family

Wow, this is great! Thank you so much for the kind words, I really appreciate it!