“Pesce di Sardegna”

Cuisines: Barbecue, Mediterranean
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 15 January 2017 via mobile

Family run restaurant specialising in dishes from sardinia. Lots of excellent fish dishes on the menu but portion sizes were pretty different between dishes. The fish tartare I had to start was great though and the mixed fish main was just as good

Reviewed 6 November 2016 via mobile

We've been at "il fluminense" for a dinner with friends. I'm half Sardinian and I can say that the food was just like my grandmother's. Simple and tasty. The "culurgiones" were amazing and the "malloreddus" were just perfect. Good selection of Sardinian wines.

Reviewed 26 October 2015 via mobile

The food is excellent and full of flavour. Service is excellent and the waiter suggested different dishes to our individual tastes. Well worth a visit.

Reviewed 13 October 2015 via mobile

This is my second visit in 2 years and I can say that the quality of the service definitely worsen. We had to ask several times for the water, several times for the bread. The waiting times are huge. The quality of the food is ok but a little bit pricey.

Reviewed 7 September 2015

I was born in Rho, and moved abroad some 20 years ago. I come back to Rho regularly, and at least once a year. It had been some since I'd seen this restaurant, and it intrigued me: it's a sardinian restaurant, so some less known regional cuisine, it's tucked away in a small road, and there's no signs to follow indicating Dal Fluminese is in this anonymous street, and it's been there for a rather long time, 8 years they told me. Which for a restaurant is a while. Even more so for a Sardinian restaurant in an unlikely position on the outskirts of Milan.
Now, let's talk about that evening, because this is where I tasted some of the best food I've had ever.When we visited, even though it was a Monday if I'm not mistaken, smack in the middle of summer, the restaurant was busy, with us 3, a single gentleman, and a 10, 12 people group celebrating a birthday. Good sign.
We ordered an antipasto to share, with some affettati misti (coldcuts), they were all very good and the portion was abundant. Certainly enough for 2, we finished it between the 3 of us, and were still happy that we all had enough to eat out of that single order. I then ordered spaghetti alle vongole e bottarga, an italian classic, not a sardinian specialty (except for the bottarga possibly), but it's a dish I really enjoy when cooked right. And it was. My mother (I invited her out for dinner as I was visiting) had the Spaghetti al nero di seppia con Astice e Zafferano, and that blew me away. I am not easily impressed to the point of saying this, but this truly was a sensational dish, one that left a real impression. It tasted of all those things (the pasta, the black inc, saffron and astice (kind of small lobster) and more. It was without a doubt one of the best dishes I have ever tried. I can only recommend it highly.
The second course was a mixed meat grill, Grigliata Sumannau, that was also very god, if a bit dry, but again a very generous portion, which went unfinished am afraid, a griglata fluffiness (Fish & Seafood mixed grill, which was also extremely good, and rather generous, but that we did finish, and I had Battuto di pesce crudo agli agrumi, mainly because I enjoy raw meat and fish when available and safe to eat. This was again an excellent dish, not easy to find, very very fresh, not heavy, perfect for summer, and very delicate. I don't think we had any desserts, but we were given some mirto to finish off our meal, along with espresso.
As for the wine, we had a Vermentino, and the choice is a long one. As I am no expert on Vermentino, I asked for their advise: we wanted a good bottle, not overpriced, but good. I can't remember the winery they suggested, but we went with that, and it was indeed a good suggestion.
The restaurant staff was very good, friendly, told us clearly that they do not serve novelle cuisine style, hence the portions and they really are from Sardinia.
The ambience is classic, not fashionable, minimalist or trying hard to be "authentic". It's a neat, clean restaurant, where the focus is the food, and those who eat it. No more no less. And that's exactly what a restaurant is supposed to do well. Here they do it even better.
Highly, highly recommended.