“Just chill and relax...”
Review of Krauma

Unique West Iceland and Krauma SPA tour by minibus
Ranked #1 of 9 things to do in Reykholt
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Experience nature from its core by bathing in the geothermal baths at Krauma. The hot water originates in Europe’s most powerful hot spring Deildartunguhver, at a temperature of 100°C (212°F). To achieve the perfect bathing temperature we mix the hot water with cold water from Rauðsgil, which originates in the glacier Ok, the smallest glacier in Iceland. Krauma offers five relaxing natural geothermal baths, a cold tub to get your blood circulation going, two calming saunas and a relaxation room where you can rest by the fireplace while listening to soothing music.
Reviewed 3 May 2018

Given the Icelandic weather, I thought it would be necessary to bring a hat to the hot tubs but make no mistake - the water is so hot you do not need to cover your head even if the wind is blowing. Quite the opposite, I was sitting comfortably with my shoulders above the water level and was not cold at all. We spent around three hours there and honestly I would have stayed longer if I had the chance. The place is peaceful and cheap at the same time! Given the luxury and the level of service they could charge five times as much for the entrance fee :) Definitely worth allocating time in your schedule to check it out!

1  Thank Barbora Š
"conditioner"
"mountains"
"wind"

Reviewed 29 April 2018

When we arrived a large group of people had already left, so it turned out that for almost a full hour we were the only ones there :) It was really nice and added to the magic of this place. The smell of burning birch and natural hot spring water made this a really special thing. The water seems dirty but it is just moss and stuff you would natuarlly find in a hot spring. We spent a good 1 and a half hour there and enjoyed it very much. I do have some observations and small complaints that did bother me though. The sit-down hot tubs were way to shallow, even for a not-so-tall person like myself. When sitting the waterlevel is right below chest level, this would be ok, if Iceland didn't generally have wind and cold air blowing most of the time. And personally I like at least having the option of sitting a bit deeper in the water. But there is a deeper pool that does not have seating, and this is where I spent most of my time. The changing rooms are quite small and this place can't really accomodate large groups of people, wich is actually a good thing.
I did find it strange that the main pool and view is facing the entrance of the place, it is rather a strange and annoying thing, since you don't have much peace and calm with people constantly walking past. Personally I think the entrance should have been planned better :) But over all a great time and it will leave your skin soft and smooth for a couple of days.

Reviewed 17 April 2018 via mobile

There are few pools with different temperatures, cold tub, steam bath and relaxation room with comfortable chairs and wood fire. Everything makes you feel you are
In Icelandic nature, even design of the place. In addition they have restaurant that has local vegetables that are grown in the greenhouse that you can see from the window. I had a vegan dish, which was surprisingly flavorful and very tasty.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

Krauma is a fantastic place to visit, unwind and relax in the nature of Iceland. Enjoy the great view of Deildartunguhver and the geothermal water in the ground all around. The baths, spa and steambaths were very cozy, stylish and relaxing.

We highly recommend visiting the Krauma restuarant as well. Fresh ingredients, very tasty dishes and great service.

Don't miss Krauma while traveling in Iceland! :)