“Best New York-Style Pizza in Omaha”
Review of Frank's Pizzaria

Frank's Pizzaria
Ranked #317 of 1,523 Restaurants in Omaha
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed 29 October 2016

Frank's is the go-to pizzeria for our family; they use fresh tomatoes for their sauce and they serve the closest thing to authentic New York-style pizza in Omaha. My only complaint with them is I inevitably burn the roof of my mouth because I'm too impatient to wait for their pizza to cool off! They also serve delicious cannoli.

Reviewed 29 October 2016

Came because of all the good reviews I read. All I can say is that I must have come on a bad day. First, I noticed that the food handlers had no gloves on. My salad was just your basic one, but it was served in a styrofoam bowl. My pizza was served on a paper plate and my drink in a styrofoam cup. I expect this in a food court, but not in a sit down place. Also, my pizza was burnt terribly on the bottom yet, greasy and raw on the top. The only highlight of my visit was my pasta, it was served in an actual bowl. The pasta was slightly over cooked, but the sauce was delicious. It was thick, tangy and very flavorful. I will give the place one more chance.

Reviewed 15 August 2016 via mobile

I have lived in Nebraska 15 years and crave my hometown NY pizza. I had finally given up and a friend of ours told us about Frank's! The food? Authentic. The atmosphere? Just like home! From the red booths to the Italian family sitting at the large table having their nightly meal it made me feel at home. The pizza is fantastic and the veal parm is great!

Reviewed 25 June 2016

I've stopped in at Frank's a few times over the years, and every time I go I tell myself it needs to be more often. Had the opportunity to grab lunch there recently, ordering two slices of pepperoni to go. Standard lunch special is two slices of cheese pizza and a soda, but they are more than happy to add toppings (for a small fee per) as you choose. My order was ready in a couple of minutes and I was headed on my way. When I finally got to eat, I can tell you it was some of the best pizza I've had in a long, long time. Crust was perfect for and slices large enough to fold to eat, with just enough juice (some would call it grease from the pepperoni) running onto your hand to let you know you weren't eating some healthy version of pizza. What's the fun in that? As for toppings, Frank's offers a wide variety, but you don't need a lot to hide the other aspects of the pizza. Simple saw that you tell isn't canned, some cheese, and delicious pepperoni. I'm looking forward to going back soon for their Margherita pizza. Stop by if you get the chance. If you like New York style pizza, you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed 2 May 2016 via mobile

This place was friggen amazing! I was born in, and grew up in, NYC. This is the only place in the Midwest that I've visited that has NYC style pizza! This one of those places you have to go to just so you'd have a standard by which to judge other pizza places. Cheese, sauce, and crust are all perfect!!!