“Winter not busy”
Review of Henry Doorly Zoo

Henry Doorly Zoo
Ranked #1 of 132 things to do in Omaha
More attraction details
Owner description: This world-class zoo is famous for its involvement with breeding endangered species from around the world.
Reviewed 11 January 2018 via mobile

All the animals were active. No one in your way. 3 hrs of indoor viewing. Kids had a blast. I enjoyed tigers coming to the windows. Go in the winter much nicer

Write a ReviewReviews (4,919)
All reviews
in 57 reviews
"omaha area"
in 50 reviews

Reviewed 11 January 2018

A world recognized zoo with something for everyone. There are climbing and water areas for the kids and dozens of animal areas to explore. The penguins are my personal favorite, but how can you argue with the lush Lied jungle or the arid desert. Or the creepy bat caves. Or the polar bears. Or, ...I hope you get the point.
Can't see it all in one day, or say enough good things here.
Get there early as parking fills up fast. If you only have time to see one attraction in Omaha, this is the one not to miss.

Reviewed 9 January 2018 via mobile

Beautiful zoo that just gets better & better every year. My favorite is the rainforest. The aquarium has the most beautiful sea life I have ever seen.

Reviewed 7 January 2018

Even though the temperature never got above 6 degree F on the day we visited, there are so many wonderful animals indoors, that we still had a wonderful time!

See more reviews
Reviewed 6 January 2018

We liked it. It was cold winter so we moved from building to building seeing great animals and nature.
It may be best to visit in other season to see more. I wish they have more choices for food as there is only one restaurant in winter time. We didn't see much as there is a lot. My advice is to start early and pace to see most things in a day.

Been to Henry Doorly Zoo? Share your experiences!