“Wow! Gotta go back!”

Via Farina
Ranked #148 of 1,523 Restaurants in Omaha
Price range: US$15 - US$20
Reviewed 25 June 2017

I was taken to Via Farina as a gift, and while I had heard about it, I had little idea of what to expect. The experience was one of the best recent dining experiences I've had in my hometown of Omaha. The restaurant is small but very comfortable. We were greeted and seated promptly. Our server was Alex, and I'd request him on future visits. He was so well-versed on their menu and answered our questions and offered other details to help us decide. The restaurant has a decent wine, cocktail and beer menu. The menu has a great variety of antipasti, and the rest of the menu is made up of great homemade pastas and handcrafted pizzas. Each of us ordered a different entree and we were envious of their selections. None of us had pizza, but we saw plenty of them go by to other diners and that's my next choice. I chose the rigatoni, made in-house, cooked al dente, and dressed with a sauce of pureed chicken livers, EVOO, and bread crumbs. It was tasty, the seasoning was perfect for my palate. I should add we did share an appetizer, fried cauliflower with a slightly spicy seasoning, combined with baby greens and capers. The taste and textures blended so nicely. There was NOTHING on the menu I would not want to try. Entree prices are quite moderate, the pastas ranging from $11 - 17.00. Portions were perfect for me. Nothing accompanies them...salads etc. can be added a la carte. But it's still moderate. Given the pleasant atmosphere, outstanding service and delicious food, this is a go-to option I intend to exercise frequently! Again, kudos to Alex for top-notch service...he is a great "goodwill ambassador" for Via Farina! BTW, we decided this was the best Italian food we've had since our vacation in Italy.

1  Thank DEPOmaha

Reviewed 5 June 2017

Not too busy and not a huge dining room, but it took a very long time to be served. If you go here, make sure you have plenty to talk about with your dining companions. Once the food did finally arrive, it tasted very good. One pizza is sufficient for one person generally. It also took a long time for the check to be processed. I know that this place has a very good pizza oven that can cook pizzas very hot and fast, so I had anticipated better and quicker service. There is also only street parking.

Reviewed 3 June 2017 via mobile

This restaurant is upbeat and modern, and includes a wall section that opens to outdoor dining. Italian foods, pizzas, and wine are the offerings, and the staff is happy to translate, if needed.

My simple dish of pasta in a light olive oil, tomatoes and herbs was amazing, and the brick oven-baked pizza was equally delicious.

Reviewed 26 May 2017 via mobile

Traveling from KC to HS Reunion, we stopped for dinner based on some great recommendations on internet - so very true!! We lived in Sardinia for 3 yrs - brought back great memories. Tim Daly was our waiter and he was superb. His knowledge of each dish and the wine as outstanding as were his positive & helpful recommendations which made us relish this experience - Thank you Via Farina - Dave W.

1  Thank David W
Reviewed 11 May 2017

This place is now over a year old, and hitting its stride. The setting is great, bright and cheery, with a trendily designed interior, and a lovely patio overlooking the blossoming St. Francis Cabrini neighborhood.
The food is all excellent, with great pastas and pizzas (my favorites are the chicken liver rigatoni and the fennel sausage pizza). But the veggie dishes may be the best of all. The shaved brussel sprouts and cauliflower are recommended in particular.
The Mainly Italian wine list is broad and well chosen, and they feature good craft cocktails as well.
Service is excellent, and prices are fair. Good gluten free options as well. Highly recommended.

Been to Via Farina? Share your experiences!