“Yummy ”
Review of Orso

Orso
Reserve with OpenTable
Orso is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 918 Restaurants in Anchorage
Price range: US$15 - US$35
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: G
Transit: We are one block from the 6th avenue transit center.
Description: ORSO is well known as "The Place to Be." ORSO's New American cuisine expertly pairs delicious local flavors with the ever changing seasons of Alaska. ORSO is well known for a large selection of Alaskan seafood, grilled meats, award winning wine list and the best local ingredients when available. Happy hour everyday 3pm-6pm and 9pm to close! The bar is open one hour after the dining room each day!
Reviewed 18 July 2018 via mobile

I ordered the King crabs at the suggestion of my bartender and am very glad i did. They were delicious. I didn't care for the tomato stuffed with cheese and smoked salmon though. I would have substituted that for something else. Overall i was quit impressed with the service at the bar and my food.

Would eat here again.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,408)

Reviewed 14 July 2018 via mobile

This place has amazing food. We came around 6p on a Friday and were seated right away. It got full quick after that so not sure about usual wait times here. Menu is very varied. My kids were happy and one of them is super picky eater. The tenderloin and the crispy ravioli amazing starters. The Halibut and the baked seafood Mac n cheese entrees were terrific. But the lamb shank was just beyond delicious, so tender n flavorful it melted in your mouth. Loved it!! Our server, Tijana was just as amazing as our food. Great service!!
Kids meals include a veggie starter, an entree,sunday or sorbet dessert n a beverage for $7.95. So pretty good deal.

Reviewed 13 July 2018

Orso was a wonderful dining experience. The menu was very broad and offered a slight twist to common items. We started with Rosemary potato bread, served with hummus and a tomato chutney. fabulous. For salads the harvest salad was nice as well as the caesar. my son ordered the Orso chowder which had salmon and clams. For our mains the seafood mac an cheese was a hit as well as the chicken parm.

Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

From being seated to our excellent waitress and the unbelievably yummy gluten free food appetizers to dinner
Yum

Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

My wife went here on our last night in Anchorage and it didn't disappoint. She had the crab stuffed rock fish and I had the gemelli seafood pasta. Both were amazing. The salad was fresh and the bread was soft. We were pretty dressed down and the waiter didn't mind and gave us great service regardless. It's easy for the wait staff to overlook a couple in jeans and a t-shirt but he treated us like anyone else. I try to to find a pro and con for every resturant I review so I would say the Pro is the atmosphere and quality of service and food. The con would be price, but it's Alaska, NOTHING is cheap. This was a great dining experience to cap off our vacation. I would reccomend it to anyone.

Been to Orso? Share your experiences!