“A true gem!!!”

Yakitori Sushi House
Ranked #112 of 918 Restaurants in Anchorage
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 18 July 2016

Great atmosphere, small place, casual. We initially were put off by slow service, but there was another very large party, and the staff was beyond courteous and apologetic about the wait, and were exceptional! The food was some of the best Japanese food I have ever had. Salmon teriyaki, salmon maki, udon, even the edamame were fabulous. I don't want to raise expectations too high because a lot of how good somewhere seems is based on expectations, but I went there with my family (including 2 kids, 10 and 13) and it was a delicious experience.

Reviewed 9 July 2016

This little place looked like a dive on the outside, but the sushi was fresh and tasty. We loved the specialty sushi rolls. Good casual dining with a clean atmosphere.

Reviewed 2 July 2016

There are a lot of sushi restaurants in Anchorage, and we love to treat ourselves to sushi and support a neighborhood restaurant. The owner and staff take great pride in their dishes, which include delicious and unique yakitori choices. They really get to know their patrons and dinner is always accompanied by friendly conversation and a few laughs.

Reviewed 29 June 2016

I went there several months ago, excited that a place in Anchorage served Yakitori. Unfortunately the first three items I ordered, they didn't have. When I finally found items they had, they were mainly flavored with Cumin. Ugh. Yakitori should be salt or soy sauce based. It wasn't bad, it just wasn't yakitori.

My kids ordered traditional rolls like the tekka maki and kappa maki. While the portions were decent, the rolls came unraveled.

Deciding to try it again, the same experience, they didn't have any of the items I ordered. My friend tried the spider roll which would have been passable had they not covered it in some nasty sauce.

I also tried their chawan mushi. Flavor was okay but it was basically egg drop soup, not the custard like texture it is supposed to be.

Frankly they probably should get a 2 or 3. But when I reviewd them on another site, I got trolled by what appears to be the owner telling me to go somewhere else. Persistent snarky remarks made to me. Why not try to address the issue. Of course I happily obliged.

Having lived in Japan and in the seafood business. I would never recommend this location given the dozens of other sushi places available.

Reviewed 26 May 2016

We went to Yakitori to celebrate a family birthday. We enjoyed sashimi, shrimp friend rice, and several yakitori dishes (chicken, eggplant, zucchini). All were super yummy, and the service was fast and friendly. I highly recommend this restaurant!