“Lunch with My Wife. Lucky me.”
Review of Sushi Ya

Sushi Ya
Ranked #200 of 918 Restaurants in Anchorage
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 18 June 2018

My wife and I went here for lunch. We have been here before, and recommend it. Great food and prices, our go to place for a nice lunch. Wife orders the Bento box and I a sushi roll. Great service and we will be back. Thanks

Reviewed 30 April 2018

We frequent Sushi Ya as it has been one of my daughter's favorite places. Last night, we popped in looking for a quick and filling meal after her volleyball tournament. I was honestly surprised to get seated immediately at 6pm on a Saturday, but the place filled up immediately after we walked in.
The service is always good and usually the food is quick. Last night, the food did not come out as quickly as usual. The server came over with some gratis edamame to explain that the kitchen was behind. Another server came over a bit later and also explained the same thing, told us that we might see other tables get their food quickly because the sushi bar was running fine, just the kitchen was slow and offered her apologies. Our server came back with a gratis seaweed salad and offer of more edamame and told us our food would be 5 more minutes. They kept our water glasses full the entire time. Because it was handled so well, we were not at all put out for the wait. That is exactly how it should have been handled. My husband said while we were still there "We have been here so many times and have never had an issue. They handled it so well, this won't affect our decision to come back."
Thank you Sushi Ya for another great meal.

Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

Service was perfect; sushi delicious, glowing red and blue lighting and a heated toilet seat made for an awesome experience. We ordered the sushi boat and the fish was beautifully presented and tasty.

Reviewed 25 January 2018

This is my go-to sushi place. Freshest food, affordable prices and excellent service is what I love about this place.

Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

The noodles were cover in vinegar(gross), the salad had some Italian dressing(no ginger dressing) and the miso soup was cold. No tea pot with green tea? Waited for a refill, had to ask the waitress as she walked away for tea and my friends water. Rainbow roll #2 spicy tuna is like a fire roll, burnt my tongue, had me sweating, the tuna roll and flying fish roll the seaweed was dry and not wet enough it was like a crunchy roll. Definitely not ordering anything spicy in this place because spicy to them is fire to me. If you like hot then this is your place.