“Amazing, Fabulous, Outstanding”

Manolin
Ranked #376 of 4,394 Restaurants in Seattle
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We were so pleased with our meal last night at Manolin. We went early and they had oysters 1/2 off they were Hama Hama and also Shigoku. Great Start! Then during their happy hour they had $2dollars off their 4 fish dishes. Each dish was better than the last. We had tastes and flavors that were really worth eating. We are only sorry that it took us so long to find this restaurant. They have a great wine list that matches their food and we found several we wanted to try. We chose a Viognier Blend that went well with all our dishes. Cowhorn Spiral 36. We will go back we will take our friends and family. Too bad we can't go tonight!!

Reviewed 17 November 2017

Recently in Seattle for a food tour of the PNW with my adult daughter; I had heard on a couple of occasions that people skip Seattle for food and go to trendy Portland instead. All I can say is thank you, thank you, thank you.

We walked into Manolin at around 7:00pm on a Thursday and were actually seated right away. For a short menu there is something for everyone and more. Bonus... our very competent and friendly server took our order in a snap, and soon out of the kitchen came the magic.

Creative combinations of ingredients, flavors and textures, every plate was joy to behold, taste and savor. Highlights are pictured below.

Let the hype-ers go to Portland, with this satisfying an experience, I'll stay in Seattle!

Reviewed 31 October 2017 via mobile

We visited here on our last day in Seattle and it was the best food we experienced.

As a group we had nearly all the dishes and the tapas style food was all very well presented and very well received.

Service was good and there was a good atmosphere too.

Reviewed 23 August 2017 via mobile

I almost didn't want to review this place, only to selfish reasons because I don't want it to be hard to walk into. SUCH an amazing restaurant, every single dish (we ordered 3/4 of menu) was amazing. Being a world traveler and having a husband that is a professional chef, I mean this with weight, one of my top 5 dinners.

Reviewed 27 July 2017

I've been wanting to try Manolin in my Wallingford/Fremont neighborhood for a long time since reading about it in Eater Seattle. The wait was worth it. For a good restaurant, I look for quality local ingredients, unique dishes, good service, comfortable atmosphere, and a nice aesthetic -- for both plating and decor; Manolin checks off all those boxes.

I went with a friend, who sticks to a dairy-free (DF) and Gluten-free (GF) diet, and we ordered four dishes to share: the mussels (not DF or GF), spring slaw, black rice with squid, and pork chop. I wasn't crazy about the cheese on the mussels but it was interesting to try. The other three dishes had fantastic flavor. We were particularly impressed with the pork chop (much better than the pork chop dish we recently had at Tallulah's on Capitol Hill).

Manolin has a relaxed vibe with a sort of nautical feel to its decor -- very Seattle-like. I had a nice view of the bar in the center of the room, which I appreciated on a typical rainy, gray day. I'll definitely visit again. I think it's a good place to bring out-of-town guests because of the points listed above, but it's also good as a neighbor spot because of the location, happy hour and outdoor patio to catch those rare sunny days.