“Yes. It's all true...”

Ranked #8 of 4,454 Restaurants in Seattle
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Cuisines: Korean
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Chan Seattle is a Korean Gastropub located in the heart of Seattle's historic Pike Place Market. Our cuisine is prepared with locally grown, fresh, seasonal ingredients. Chan is a distinctive style of dining not found in other Korean restaurants. Our open kitchen provides diners with an exciting look into the preparation of Korean food and drink. Our restaurant offer small, shareable portions served as several courses allowing diners to experience the flavor of both traditional and modern Korean food. Our full bar features Asian-inspired specialty cocktails, drink specials, beer and wine.
Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

I wanted to hate Chan. I showed up at 8pm on a Wednesday night, waited 40 minutes and still couldn't get a seat. "F this place! No way is the food that good", I said. But I returned the next night, this time at 5pm when they opened to be sure if get a seat. On any given night there are between 5-12 tables, depending on how they arrange the tables, plus a dozen or seats at the bar. I was wrong. Waaaay wrong. It's that good. Happy hour is from 5-6:30 and some of their best dishes are on the menu (sliders, chicken wings, etc). If you can't make happy hour, worry not... It's all on the regular menu. They call themselves Korean Gastro pub food but that's an egregious humble understatement. It's fun, cultured and whimsical Korean food that you'll be left wanting more of, no matter how full you are. Eat here no matter how long the wait is. Thank me later.

2  Thank RockStar707

Reviewed 23 June 2018

For those looking for authentic traditional Korean food, this is not the place for it. It is a fusion Korean or something like that. Call it whatever, it is excellent. Thoroughly enjoyed all the dishes. The Korean pancake and bulgogi does not resemble any Korean food I've had before, but it taste wonderful. Even the rice is interesting (they serve rice cakes which my kids says looks like little earplugs).

It is very loud, seating is very tight, and a busy hoping place. Service is still very good. Reasonably priced for what you are getting. They do not take reservation, so show up by 5:30 or so because the wait can be quite long, even on a week night. Only down side is that vegan options are very limited. Highly recommend otherwise.

Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

We stopped by to have a nice meal, we loved it. The food is delicious and very nice atmosphere. Recommend

Reviewed 4 June 2018 via mobile

As fans of Korean cuisine (having visited South Korea), we were tempted to check out Chan’s after reading the reviews. And the reviews were spot on - tasty, authentic Korean food, very reasonably priced. Friendly, efficient service and comfortable, trendy atmosphere. We enjoyed the bulgogi sliders, beef bimimbap, and Dungeness crab- all excellent.

1  Thank Judith W
Reviewed 29 May 2018 via mobile

this is a great place with a nice, quaint feel... and while the dishes we ordered did not feel like 100% authentic Korean, they were DELICIOUS; particularly the Brussel sprouts and the duck confit. also worth noting: the cocktails were excellent. I will definitely come back whenever I’m back in this magnificent city.

1  Thank Gacho