3,523 results
All reviews georgian room georgian restaurant shuckers restaurant presidents club an executive suite beautiful hotel health club room service concierge staff four seasons lobby bar pike place market car service an upgrade fitness center corner room the location is perfect
Reviewed 2 January 2017 via mobile

I booked an executive suite for New Year's Eve as s birthday surprise for my husband. From start to finish we were not dissappointed. Received early check in and late check out along with a welcome gift of fruit and champagne . ( they knew we were celebrating )

Beds were extremely comfortable and we got a good nights sleep. Parking was a little high but it's downtown Seattle so that's normal.staff was very gracious and friendly. Hotel is in great location (we walked all over downtown ) and our room was more than adequate for us.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Markus T, General Manager at The Fairmont Olympic Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2017

Happy New Year and birthday to you and thank you for choosing us to spend your special occasion with. We are thrilled that we were able to make your celebrations wonderful and hope you will return very soon. Thank you for taking time to write.

Reviewed 2 January 2017 via mobile

We stayed at the Fairmont over New Years, From check in to finding us the perfect room the front desk staff were amazing and very knowledgable when we asked advice about tourist attractions and places to visit. My family and I were constantly chatting about how friendly everyone is in the hotel and in Seattle, from the porters to the door men to the reception staff, they were top class!
However I'm removing 2 stars as we paid a visit to the bar on New Year's Eve and never in my life have I experienced such bad service, the bar man was extremely rude when my husband went to the bar and wanted to pay cash the bar man shouted "I can't take an order from you".. Mmmm why?.. "I can't take cash, I've no change".. Isn't this a bar?.. Is cash not a valid form of payment anymore ?.. And even if he didn't have change isn't there a more polite way of saying it than to yell it across the counter to the point where another couple sitting beside us were horrified!.. I then went up to get a drink and he said "oh you just got one".. I said yes 30 minutes ago and I want to bring one to my room, Is that ok?.. Seriously!.. Do you not want the business? If your staff is that grumpy on New Year's Eve and can't handle their customers then you need to hire more staff!!
I'm very disappointed with his manner.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Ames492

We thank you for your feedback. We are happy to see you enjoyed much of our hotel. Our apologies for the experience in The Terrace Lounge as this is obviously not what we like to hear and is being addressed. We hope you will return on a less busy evening so we can make your next experience in The Terrace as great as the rest of your stay. Thank you for taking the time to let us know and especially for being our guest.

Reviewed 1 January 2017

Stayed here last week while visiting family for the Christmas holiday. What a wonderful place - it was beautifully decorated with Christmas trees throughout and felt very festive. The Teddy Bear Suite, an annual tradition, was adorable. Breakfast was fabulous and the dining room reminded us of past holidays in one of our favorite hotels in Paris. While the public spaces are grand and traditional, the rooms are updated - fresh and modern. The lobby bar is a great place to relax after a day of touring Seattle, with a nice menu and great service. A gem of a hotel. Will be back.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
Markus T, General Manager at The Fairmont Olympic Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2017

We could not agree more! We are so happy to read that you enjoyed your time and stay with us so much, The holidays here at the Olympic are indeed magical and wonderful that you got to experience it with us. Thank you for the compliments for our Culinary team as they do work hard to provide your fabulous experiences. Thank you for being our very valued guest and come again soon.

Reviewed 31 December 2016 via mobile

I am here with my husband and son and thoroughly regret booking this hotel. Let's start with the rooms- we got a suite and there is no room to put anything away. Most of the drawers are stocked with ridiculously priced snacks, so we will be living out of our suitcases for the next 2 days. The sofa is not a pull out, so I'm not sure why they said this would sleep 3. It does not. The room is pretty- but not functional and the bed is not comfortable at all. We got back late last night from site seeing all day in the rain and wanted to have a drink and something to eat. We sat in the piano bar area - which again- was very pretty. The pianist was wonderful and the food was good- but the service was lousy. She never introduced herself and was inattentive. We are still here for 2 nights and I am really not looking forward to spending any time in this pretty but overpriced and unfriendly hotel.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank whyarethese

We apologize for what was obviously not the wonderful stay as planned. As hard as it is to read, we do appreciate the feedback and we will be speaking to our team regarding your review. If you would please contact renee.wigner@Fairmont.com before your next visit to Seattle so we might be able to make it right for you. Thank you again.

Reviewed 30 December 2016

Location is excellent with shopping and restaurants easily walkable within minutes. It's odd to say but I appreciated their elevators are always arriving quickly, never waiting, and zip up to the top floors in no time.
Parking is pricey but that's common in d/t Seattle.
We went for the corner king, 430 sq ft, which had loads of space and was newly renovated. It would've been five stars except for the mattress which was a bit of a marshmellow.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple

We are very pleased that you enjoyed so much of your stay and the nearby shopping and restaurants. We sincerely hope you will come stay with us again and thank you for your feedback.