2,004 results
All reviews across the street hook plow pike place market the concierge lounge m club indoor outdoor pool great location space needle small balcony cruise ship train tracks ferris wheel water view within walking distance great wheel bay view elliott bay
Reviewed 21 March 2016

We stayed using Marriott points and the hotel went above and beyond with their customer service. We did not notify them, but they sent wine, cheese and fruit to our room as my birthday was only a few days away. Very comfortable and modern room with great amenities and comfort. They recognize the loyal status even when we went to breakfast. Jackson provides delightful and amazing service in the hotel restaurant.

The hotel restaurant is a little expensive, but if you are Marriott Gold or Platinum, you can get the continental breakfast for free when the lounge is closed. The major downside is the wireless is not free and is fairly expensive, but we did not need it this weekend.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 March 2016

This hotel is close to the Seattle Aquarium, the Ferry Terminal and the Victoria Clipper ( fast ferry to Victoria, BC and San Juan Islands ). If you want to save money on car rental, parking fee ( $ 46 per day ) and avoid traffic headache, this hotel can be reached by train from the airport plus a 10 mins walk ( if you only have a carry on bag )
First take a Light Rail Train from the airport to the Westlake station in downtown Seattle ( the train goes all the way to the University of Washington campus ), the fare is $ 3 one way. At the Westlake station, take the Nordstrom exit, turn right, follow Pine Street all the way toward the waterfront. You will see a Public Market sign, turn right, you will pass the first Starbucks on your right, go straight pass the Cutters restaurant until you see a Cost Plus Market on Lenora St, turn left. There is a pedestrian bridge toward the waterfront with an elevator at the end. The hotel is on your right.
You will see the restaurant first - Hook Plow, you can enter the lobby through the restaurant. When I first stayed at this hotel, it was a Todd English's restaurant, but it changed name a few times since then
My favorite restaurants are across the street, Anthony's- Bell Street Diner and a block further north, the Six Seven inside the Edgewater Hotel. Both have patio sitting in the summer with stunning view of Elliott Bay
There is a rail track behind the hotel, all rooms facing the waterfront / Marina are further away from the track.
Used to be a gift shop / small deli in the lobby, but now it is a Business Center, with free computers. There is a nice fire place next to the Bar in the lobby area, where you can watch TV
There are several convenience stores around the Public Market that open 24 / 7
The rooftop deck at the Bell Conference Center, across the street from the hotel, has a stunning view of Seattle skyline and Elliott Bay, it is free and open to the public

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled solo
2  Thank RobbyK4
Reviewed 20 March 2016 via mobile

We booked this hotel because of its location and it was exactly what we wanted. The staff were really friendly and professional. It is a very close walk to the Pikes Place Market with many great restaurants and shopping. We parked our car and did not need to use it the two days we were here. Thank you to the staff for a great stay!

Stayed: March 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 March 2016

I stayed in this beautiful hotel with minimal issues. The bed was super comfortable there was a refrigerator which I really appreciate because sometimes you would like to keep certain things cold. There was also a coffee maker in the room and there were lots of outlets to plug in all of your devices to have them charged. The bathroom was nice too, the tub was deep enough for you to soak in. The bath products used were really luxurious and smelled amazing. There were lots of closet space for clothes with the ironing board and iron, always a plus. Even though the balcony was small, there was a large sliding door/glass window area to let in lots of light. I got a water view room where you could see the harbor from the balcony. Next time I think I will opt for a oceanfront room and that way I will be able to watch the ferries go by, as well as the Great Wheel light up at night. The pool area was nice and kept warm and cozy. The indoor outdoor pool was a first for me and I loved it. There was something quite soothing about swimming in the rain in the outside portion of the pool. You also got a water view from the pool, another plus. There were lots of towels and seating in the pool area. There was a pretty nice size fitness room as well with lots of equipment for those people who want to work out on vacation. I didn't check out the bar area and that's because I was gone most of the time with friends and we would use the bar elsewhere while we were out. But there were a couple of things I would like to see addressed. First of all the cellular signal in the hotel is really bad. I checked in and I knew I was supposed to get free Wi-Fi since I'm a Rewards member, but once I got up to my room the signal was so bad that I couldn't even access the Wi-Fi acceptance page. I had to get dressed and come all the way back downstairs to the lobby where there was still no signal... I stepped outside onto the patio to possibly get a signal and I was subsequently locked out!! Middle of the night, cell phone battery almost gone, there were no visible signs saying "not to exit the lobby to the patio or you would be locked out at a certain time"... I could see the front desk and the young lady that checked me in through the big glass windows but of course and she was busy and she couldn't see me waving to get myself let in. Luckily I did have my cell phone even though I was almost out of battery and called the hotel and someone who alerted her that I was outside and needed to get back in. She let me in and then instructed me to use the "lobby Wi-Fi" (which I was unaware of in the beginning because it was not mentioned to me)... so I could then except the $9.95 charge for Wi-Fi (which I would not be charged because I am a Rewards member). Its should probably be suggested to hook up the Wi-Fi in the lobby area to prevent one from having to come back downstairs to do this later.
Second is the map in the room that shows you where all of the exits and VENDING MACHINES are. I had TWO vending machines on my floor, but when I went to both of them to try to get refreshments, the vending machine room was simply an ice maker, nothing more... Even though in most hotels there is a vending machine sitting next to the ice machine. I went back downstairs once again to try to find snacks and drinks, I was told by the front desk young lady that there are vending machines actually on the third floor, (which again I wasn't notified or made aware of this once I was checking in) but that THOSE vending machine doors were having trouble accepting the room keys to get in. So she advised me to get something from the little market room that they had which was next door to the front desk.
Another thing, is that the TV was a large 42 inch TV but there was absolutely no HD television. Most people don't spend too much time in their hotel rooms but when they do, and want to sit back and watch TV to relax, HD television in 2016, in a big luxurious hotel like this should not be an issue to have!
Valet parking is super pricey at $46 per night so it may make sense to Uber there or get a taxi. If not, you will rent a car and pay $46 per night to have it parked. There is one other parking option which is an off site parking lot, which they said was a five-minute walk away, but that is still $22 per night.
Bottom line, I will definitely stay at this hotel again and next time even bring the kids because they would really enjoy the pool area! I would like to see those few issues addressed but at least I know now what to do and what not to do!

Room Tip: Most of these rooms are water view, some do not have a balcony though (which is weird), so request a room with a water view.
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled solo
Meng L, Manager at Seattle Marriott Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2016

Dear Anitraa P
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay at the Seattle Marriott Waterfront. First and foremost, our sincere apologies over the misinformation on the Wi-Fi availability in the hotel. With regards to the TV, we will be updating the TV's and the channels within the next few months which will allow internet streaming to the TV's. We will also be reviewing the number of vending machines on our guest floors.
Again, thank you for your invaluable feedback and we look forward to having you back in the near future.
Sincerely
Meng Lo
Director of Hotel Operations
206 256 1025

Reviewed 9 March 2016

Stayed here with family on vacation. We walked easily to the Space Needle, the Public Market, and restaurants. Beds were comfortable, and the room had a pretty view of the water. The check-in was easy and friendly. The breakfast buffet is amazing - we only did the continental and still had plenty to eat. Lots of beautiful, delicious fresh fruit, which you don't always see on a breakfast buffet.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family