All reviews pioneer square courtyard marriott alaska building typical courtyard light rail century link stadium homeless people smith tower office building pike place market amtrak station corner room safeco field front desk staff within walking distance king street station across the street
Reviewed 28 October 2015

The courtyard by Marriott in Downtown Seattle Pioneer square was unbelievable. It was beautiful, yes, but the staff were amazing. Peter, at the desk, for example, was more than accommodating. He gave me a beautiful room, knew I was tired, and got me bottled water and put it in the fridge. I was treated so well from the bellman, to the front desk. The room was very well appointed and was clean and dust free.

Room Tip: higher rooms have a good view
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business
Laura S, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Seattle Downtown/Pioneer Square, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2015

Wow, thank you for such a great review! I will pass on your compliments to Peter – and glad to hear how well you were treated! We hope you stay with us again soon!

Reviewed 27 October 2015

Nothing special about the hotel except its excellent location for all the tourist activities in downtown Seattle. I will give a shout out to the valet service (even though the overnight parking was an astronomical $40). They had our car for us (twice) within 5 minutes and they let you park even after you check out. Room was clean, we had a decent view and even though our room was across the hall from the elevator we never heard anyone else. A typical downtown hotel - wish they had coffee in the lobby like more hotels are doing but I think they get a kickback from the Starbucks across the street.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank SoCalEncinitas
Laura S, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Seattle Downtown/Pioneer Square, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2015

Thank you for your review of the Pioneer Square Courtyard. I will pass on your compliments to the valet staff. Although we do charge $42 for overnight parking, as you mentioned, you can leave your vehicle with us after you check out for a couple of hours. As well, it is open 24 hours a day and complete in and out privileges. There are other parking garages in the area; however, they are not all open 24 hours. We hope you stay with us again the next time you are in Seattle.

Reviewed 26 October 2015

Clean, nice hotel modern inside despite the heritage building. Bedding very comfy, free Wi-Fi, my room also had a couch for me to relax on or eat at. I didn't make much use of the hotel amenities but apparently there is a fitness center pool and a little bistro for breakfast or happy hour drinks . The staff was friendly and I had a relaxing stay. I wasn't there on or after a game day so I'm not sure how boisterous it would be during those times. The location is pretty good but I found myself walking up the 15 minutes walk to down town for most of my shopping dining and attraction options. Keep in mind the Pioneer Square area doesn't have a lot going on really so you may need to be prepared to do a bit of walking to where you want to go. Also if you have a car the parking will be extremely expensive $45 a day, I found a cheaper off-site location about a 20 minute walk away. Overall a very comfortable clean hotel but do some research about the location before you stay here.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled solo

Thank you for your review of the hotel! I’m glad you enjoyed your quiet stay with us and hope you do stay with us again when you are next in Seattle.

Reviewed 22 October 2015

Really comfortable beds and good sized rooms. Also, I left my ipad at the hotel, and they FedExed it immediately to me - got it back in 3 days. Thanks so much team - very grateful for your prompt reaction and service.

Room Tip: ask for waterfront
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business
Laura S, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Seattle Downtown/Pioneer Square, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2015

Thank you for your review! I’m glad you were able to get your ipad back so quickly. We hope to see you again the next time you are in Seattle!

Reviewed 16 October 2015

Well, there I was in a new town, all by myself for a couple of days. I guess I should warn you this is going to play out more like a romantic comedy (but I'm not that funny!) than a straight up "food was good, friendly staff, dropped a ducer in the upper-deck" kind of review. For anyone reading my other reviews, I have a strict 2-star and under requirement to do an 'upper-decker' in the royal flusher, I mean c'mon the housekeeping are people, too! I guess I could do one in honor of the Mariners stadium close by, but I think the parallels would be lost and it would end up being a crappy little joke, so I digest... I mean digress... on to the good stuff... I had met a girl (don't all stories seem to involve this from a guy... at least the good ones) online (the standout ChristianMingle.com) and after almost 9 months of emails, talking, gazing longingly at pictures, we decided to meet. We had spent 3 days going out to meals, seeing the sights around Vancouver, WA and Portland, OR, hiking and talking when we realized all good things must come to an end. Not an end for the budding relationship, we hoped, but for that portion of the trip. (side note: I had stayed at a SpringHill Suites in Vancouver while visiting her which was great, too, but different Marriott properties cater to different travelers and tastes aka different strokes for...) I had called the Marriott Rewards line and made reservations directly with the reservationist prior to arriving. Once we had spent 3 days of better-than-expected connection together (we decided not to kiss until later and just get to know each other) I rented a car at Portland Airport (PDX) and headed up north (slightly!). After stopping at Griots Garage (a must-see for car buffs) in Tacoma, I wearily found this new city on the water, Seattle. I pulled in to unload the suitcase up front and immediately were greeted by a valet and a bell boy to help me with my stuff and unglue me from the grips of the carry-over 2010 Ford Focus. Immediately I entered and was greeted by friendly, caring staff whom got me checked in and answered all my questions about the hotel and the surrounding areas. I got my car back to go out and grab a bite to eat (we don't have Carl's Jr too much on the East Coast so I wanted to give it a whirl) and it came promptly and with all the wheels still intact. After a little drive around the financial district (pretty hoppin area at night) and then into the Stadium district, I decided when things start to look a little seedy, time to head back around and call it a night at the nice comforts of the Courtyard hotel. The valet again was waiting and another successful park. The staff at the front did not attack me for my Jr., and I made it successfully back to my room. I totally would have given them some curly fries! Well, I successfully stunk up the room with frier grease and taco tidly bits, and didn't set the smoke detector off, either. I'm starting to like this place! The room arrangement was nice, with an extra large work space (for organizing condiments) and a clever pull out extension table for extra guests or when a larger workspace is needed was a nice touch. If you like Courtyards, this place won't disappoint. Clean, fresh-smelling and welcoming, with lots of lighting and well-thought out touches would be a great one-sentence way to describe the ambiance of the room. I really like when a room has alot of light, not just from one big "blind you like a deer crossing the wrong road in Indiana" bright lamp but from different lamps and lighting, some for task lighting, some for general lighting and others for mood or indirect lighting. The Courtyard Pioneer Square does not disappoint. (Task lighting is great to make sure you got every last curly fry at the bottom of the cup, too!)
The location is great, dare I say one of the best options around. As other writers have said there are many points of interest in the nearby vicinity, ranging from Seattle sports stadiums to the international neighborhood, Pike's Place (walkable) Market with the first Starbucks (coffee isn't any better!), various galleries and museums, the Space Needle (also walkable if you are in decent shape) and Chihuly Gardens (oooh), Belltown and the waterfront, among other places. I walked mostly everywhere since I am from a part of the US where that is pretty rare and that seemed like an extra treat. Even with the rainy (all-day spitting) and often chilly weather (pack a water-resistant, lined jacket or windbreaker) the location worked out nicely. Also, because the roads are sloped starting from the Market all the way up several blocks, being on 2nd Avenue means you don't have to walk up too much incline before you start heading over to your hotel. I don't mind a little incline, but being from Florida where the biggest hills are bridges over the water and the only incline I get is when I push the button at the gym, I appreciated not having to walk too much uphill in the wind and rain. Also, there are probably 3 or 4 Starbucks in a 5 minute walk there (and at one time they were nearly on opposite corners, just with different hours!) so their are plenty of opps to stop and warm up, plus maybe even charge your phone. If you are looking for a bite closer to home, the Courtyard features a newly-renovated bistro called, you guessed it, the Bistro, which has a great variety of breakfast items and nice lunch and early dinner wine and tapas selections, too. Of course, being a Courtyard any meals or snacks are additional, but it's not a place I would overlook if you are looking for a quick casual bite close to home. If you are there for a cruise or a quick trip, I highly recommend getting out and trying some of the local seafood, COFFEE (outside of Starbucks- people love roasting their own beans at their shops and are really in to it, so try something new), beer and donuts (try Top Pot donuts for a local favorite... even the President stopped by there).
Overall, a great place that makes you feel comfortable with a stylish interior, good internet area, friendly, helpful staff and modern rooms in a great location of Seattle. I look forward to staying there again if I'm in the area and maybe bumping into a familiar girl while I'm there... maybe I will... since she is now my wife. :)) The Marriott Rewards program is pretty legit, too. Enjoy your trip, and enjoy the Courtyard... just watch out if your room comes with curly fries!

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled solo
Laura S, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Seattle Downtown/Pioneer Square, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2015

Wow, what a review of your trip! It seems that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you do visit us again when next in Seattle! Thanks again.