3,172 results
All reviews cupcakes pineapple seattle center space needle rock restaurant espresso bar free shuttle queen anne microwave popcorn hardwood floors tommy bahama toulouse petit metropolitan market every afternoon walk in shower kerry park walking distance
Reviewed 17 August 2018 via mobile

When you pay well over $600 a night to stay somewhere, you expect a lot. At least I do. This is what I paid for a Friday night at the Maxwell Hotel in August — and that doesn’t include the eye watering city tax or the “amenity fee”, which was waived due to erroneous information. It did include parking since I had purchased a package.

I understand that Seattle must make hay while the sun shines, but still.

The hotel is very close to PNB, where we needed to be, so that was a plus. The staff were very helpful and friendly; the food in the just opened bar/restaurant was good and very well priced. Not so the Chardonnay which was horrible and expensive.

The rooms are a bit weird, since gimmicky seems to be the thing in hotel decor, and the very chilly lobby is Disneyesque. The provided coffee and water, cozy quilts, numerous pillows, and large shower with reasonable products help to sweeten the sticker shock. But the Four Seasons it ain’t.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank mslizSanFrancisco_CA
Jay B, General Manager at The Maxwell Hotel - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2018

Thank you so much for your candid review while staying with us in Seattle. I will look into the flavor profile of the Chardonnay and see if it's something we need to change out.

We appreciate your business and thank you for choosing STAYPINEAPPLE.

Reviewed 16 August 2018

I like the whimsical nature of the property, and the fromt desk was very friendly. For the price, I wish the bathroom floor had not had major scuffs in it. It was ugly, and that’s OK for a 3 star motel, but not a luxury property. The lamp in the back left didn’t turn on, and the light in the ceiling of the bathroom didn’t stay on. They gave me slippers, and I liked the robes. I could hear too much noise through the walls, and someone was doing some kind of pounding above my room at 11:30PM. Has the potential to be stellar. As it was, it was ok.

Room Tip: Maybe don’t stay near the elevator.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you much for your candid feedback and I'm sorry we did not meet your expectations. I'll share with my team immediately as it's our goal to ensure we exceed your expectations while staying with us.

We look forward to serving you shall your travels bring you back through Seattle.

Reviewed 16 August 2018

The floor was quite creaky with tile peeling and chipped. The bathroom mirror was chipped all along the bottom as well. There were odd cuts in the shower tile. The amenities provided, water, coffee etc. were more suited to a single person rather than the 3 people we booked for. The addition of the piano bar in the lobby made conversation , even with the front desk a challenge at best. It's uncomfortably loud. The bar patrons who step outside to smoke were right beneath our window which was disruptive and unpleasant. We've stayed at The Maxwell many times over the years and always enjoyed it a lot. After this experience , along with the difficulty we had trying to settle our bill upon check out, it's day 3 and it's still not resolved and the incidental hold is still on our card, we won't be staying with The Maxwell again. It really feels there has been a change with the hotel from the past. We're still paying a mid range price for a budget experience. The $40 a night parking is ridiculous as well. I've heard from staff "it's comparable to other Seattle parking". That may be true but I'm not a guest of the city of Seattle, I am guest of the hotel. I don't charge guests to my home for parking. The constant attempt to sell hotel branded items seems cheap to me. Leaving an available price list is one thing but peppering the room and hotel and emails from the hotel with items for sale seems grasping. A truly disappointing and stressful stay that has ended our business with The Maxwell going forward . If you've stayed in the past, don't expect it to have remained the same quality.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank J6314SKkimberlyb

Dear J6314SKkimberlyb

Thank you for providing us with your feedback. It's our number one goal to ensure that we exceed our guests expectations and it appears we fell short during your stay. I am concerned with the findings in your room, the billing not being resolved and would like to obtain additional information so that I can assist you. Please contact me at jbush@staypineapple.com

Reviewed 16 August 2018

Everything was wonderful from the location to the people to the atmosphere!! i would recommend this hotel and i plan on returning and staying here again.. it was cleaner than any hotel i've ever staying in

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you so much for your 5* rating at The Maxwell Hotel, we truly appreciate your business and thank you for choosing STAYPINEAPPLE.

Reviewed 15 August 2018

This was my second time staying at this hotel and although there were a few hiccups the front desk overcame those issues and our stay ended up being very nice. I love the fact that this hotel uses a European-style duvet which is very comfortable. I also like the fact that they have nice amenities in the room and that the hotel is very convenient to restaurants in Queen Anne and the Seattle Center. I would definitely recommend this hotel for work or pleasure.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 29 August 2018

Thank you for staying with us again PaulC1978!

I would like to apologize for any hiccups that occurred and am delighted to hear that we were able to assist you further.

And I agree, our duvets are one of the best things I have ever experienced! I've adopted the same concept at home myself!

Thank you for choosing to StayPineapple at the Maxwell Hotel and we hope to see you for your third visit soon!

Should Seattle be on any future travel plans I would like to personally assist you with your reservation. Just call the hotel directly and ask for Rye!

Thank you again and we hope to see you again soon.

Sincerely