“scamers and poor customer service”

Blue Sky Outfitters Whitewater Rafting
Reviewed 7 August 2016

wish I could say we had a great experience with this place but I can't. we booked the 2 hour float tube trip for our adult kids. It states right on their website that its 2 hours on the WATER.... we dropped them off for the 2pm float. Bought the 15 dollar cooler for which we thought was going to be 2 hours on the WATER! From start to finish it was one hour and 10 minutes. This included transportation to and from the water. We arranged to pick them up at shortly after 4pm and they called us from the cold stone creamery at 3:10. As my husband walked up to the place a woman and kid were walking out. Its say open to 4pm. It was 3:30pm. He asked her about the trip being so short and her response was " what do you want us to do update our website everyday." Uh yes!!! You are scamming people charging and not following through with what your website says. We would not have wasted the 15 dollars on a cooler if we knew they were hardly on the water to even drink one bottle. It even says number 1 in customer satisfaction on the website. I find that hard to believe. The next day my husband went in to talk to them and was given a number to call for the owners. Of course we called and have not gotten a call back. Stay away if you are looking for a longer float trip. What a waste of 100 dollars

4  Thank lisamariew
All reviews
"wenatchee river"
in 29 reviews
"van ride"
in 2 reviews
"highly recommend this company"
"super fun"
in 7 reviews
"instructions"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed 31 July 2016 via mobile

We did the full day white water rafting with BBQ and we all had a great time! Our guide, John, was awesome and really made the trip fun. He was informative and funny. Steaks, corn on the cob and potato salad after the ride was yummy!

Reviewed 27 June 2016

We did the wine tour only, without the rafting. I gave it a 4 star, only because the tour ended up being a great time, thanks to our tour guide Courtney, who saved the day! The tour started out terribly though, with confusion and rudeness and the initial driver not knowing what he was supposed to do. We boarded a tour van along with another couple, and a bridal party, all ready to celebrate and relax. We boarded at the Blue Sky office in Leavenworth. The exchange between the employee who took us to the van and the male driver was concerning....he seemed to not know where he was going or what he was supposed to do with us. She told him to just take us to "the park" and someone there would know. No one communicated to us what was going on. So we took off, and he never greeted us or explained anything. After about 10 minutes down the road, I tried to break the ice and asked him where we were going today. His response was "I have no idea, I was hoping YOU would know!" All of us passengers were starting to worry that this was going to be a disaster. We arrived at a park in Cashmere, where he parked and left us on the van, while he tried to figure out what to do with us. At this point we were ready to have them return us to Leavenworth and get our money back. There were several other tours going rafting, and no one seemed to know anything. We finally just got off the van, and eventually were directed to another van and Courtney, the driver. Courtney saved the day! She knew we were all unhappy, and assured us we were in good hands, and continued to be a great guide and driver! We enjoyed each stop we made at various tasting rooms and wineries and ended up having a wonderful time of celebrating and making friends with our fellow passengers. This company needs better organization, communication with passengers as to what is going on, and less confusion. There is much room for improvement. That first impression is very important, and if my review was based on the first 45 minutes of our experience I would have given it a 2 star and asked for a refund. Courtney was GREAT and should be acknowledged for saving the day!!!

Reviewed 13 June 2016 via mobile

John was our guide and we had a blast! It was fun, exciting, wet and wild. His directions were clear and easy to understand, and his narrative was funny and entertaining. We would definitely go again.

See more reviews
Reviewed 10 March 2016 via mobile

My husband and I took our family on a rafting trip last summer with Blue Sky. Great guides, very professional but also fun. They know the river well and can make your ride a little more exciting or little more easy depending on your group. The steak BBQ and corn on the cob afterwards definitely hits the spot. (We also had a few vegetarians in our group and they were awesome to accommodate them). Their equipment is in great shape and the whole operation seemed very well run.
We had such a good time, we decided to go back last week for a snowshoeing and wine tour. Very well organized beautiful day. Will definitely be making this an annual event and looking forward to another rafting trip this summer!

1  Thank bbowden22