All reviews parking fee great hotel amenities bed lobby downtown
Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

I stayed here for one night on business. I’ve stayed in much nicer, bigger suites for half the cost. Attention to details in the room was lacking. Forehead grease on the window, no ice bucket, no creamer with coffee, sparse dish ware. Trouble checking in at front desk. Other than the manager, who was very professional, staff was ambivalent. It’s newer, so it’s clean. But that’s about it.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank WashingtonOurHome
RyanM7151, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Seattle - Downtown South Lake Union, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear WashingtonOurHome -

Thanks for the open feedback. I know that Seattle prices during the high season can be a sticker shock at times. Hopefully we can win you back to try us out again? Being a new hotel has its perks and also has it's learning opportunities with a brand new staff. We take your feedback very seriously and have used this for training opportunities.

I want to apologize for the delayed response time to your review. Please reach out to me personally if you are planning a trip back to Seattle. My e-mail is ryan.mccarthy@ihg.com

Reviewed 30 July 2018 via mobile

I was looking forward to staying at the StayBridge but I left wanting. From the construction outside our window at 6:45AM to the thin walls and the couple next door fighting half of the time and the air conditioner kicking on and off every minute, I was very disappointed. The lobby was a mad house in the morning with families crowding around the waffle maker like it was dispensing cash. It is confusing with two hotels in one building and when you call the front desk, it routes you to... Atlanta!!! That was ridiculous! There are too many hotels in SLU to deal with this again.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business

Dear Williamj38 -

Thank you for the feedback. I would love nothing more than to invite you back to Seattle for a memorable visit with us. If you have the opportunity I would like to make this right for you. I can be reached at ryan.mccarthy@ihg.com.

Construction in Seattle is booming right now and last year we had over 50 cranes in the downtown corridor. With all that growth comes unwanted disruptions and I apologize that you were disturbed with external and internal noise makers. Thank you for informing us about the HVAC, the hotel is 3 months old and that should not be happening so we will fix that issue immediately.

Yes, somehow those waffle makers can attract a crowd for sure. We were piloting a services center for centralizing our calls and I can inform you that we have removed that feature. If you call us from the outside or while inhouse you will be sure to get local team members on the other end to greet you now.

We look forward to the opportunity to turn things around for you.

Reviewed 29 July 2018 via mobile

We stayed at this Staybridge Suites for 2 nights. The rooms were great. Two queen beds and a full size pullout bed. The bathroom is tiny, but it was new and clean. We walked everywhere with 9 kids. It is about a mile to Pike’s Market as well as the Space Needle, but it was an easy walk. The breakfast was good, and the evening food seemed good as well. Overall it was a great choice for our family.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Wendy F

Hi Wendy F,

Sounds like you had a great visit to Seattle! 9 kids!? That is awesome and Staybridge Suites definitely offers value for families with the spacious rooms and complimentary breakfasts.

We would to see you and the kids again soon.

Reviewed 28 July 2018

I was in downtown Seattle for two nights and booked this hotel, I'm glad I did. It's a newer property and has that feel. They offer a breakfast buffet and happy hour on certain nights. The suites are perfect. Everything you need. My room was clean and spacious. Large bathroom, the shower was consistent with Seattle rainfall...not too strong, not to weak...just very consistent. Within walking distance to some great places to eat and close to Amazon for the business traveler. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
3  Thank David M

Dear David M,

We love that you will be back to stay with us again! We just opened in May and you were one of our first guests this summer. Glad you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast served 7 days a week and even joined us at the Social! We love hosting our guests with free beer, wine and food every Monday through Wednesday.

Until next time...

Reviewed 16 July 2018

We chose this hotel for a recent 2 night stay due to it's price. It was one of the few hotels in the city that could be had for under $200 a night. Of course, with all the fees and taxes that the City of Seattle will add on and the exorbitant parking fee, your actual price will be closer to $275 for a night.

Hits: It's new.
Fast free wifi
Comfortable King size bed
Friendly and helpful staff

Misses: Parking! Seriously, $35 a night plus the parking fee, plus the parking tax making it about $40 a day. I've parked a car in midtown Manhattan and the heart of Boston and paid $25 at most. On the plus side, the parking garage is underneath the hotel and is secure (you have to use your room key to access it) and you have unlimited in/out privileges.

Ice: No ice bucket in the room and ice machines are only on every other floor which meant a one story hike for us each night.

TV. smallish in size (compared to your typical Holiday Inn Express and mounted on the side of the room perpendicular to the bed meaning that your neck will hurt from craning it to watch TV from the bed).

Breakfast: Epic Fail! I love the weekend hours of 7-10:30, but what good is it to have extended hours if you aren't going to keep the food restocked. We went down on 10am on a Saturday to find almost everything was gone from the breakfast bar and 2 broken waffle makers. So, we had to satisfy ourselves with toast, bacon and yogurt.

Location: Not near to anything really. It's not on the Lake, instead it's on busy Mercer Street and there is nothing open nearby after 10pm. The nearest tourist attraction is the Seattle Center and that is nearly a mile away and you have to cross underneath busy Aurora Ave.

If you are looking for a getaway weekend in the city, pay the extra bucks and stay in a big city hotel in downtown.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear County Hunter -

Thank you for the feedback on your stay. We are happy that you chose us and only wish your stay was mostly hits with no misses. We are so happy you enjoyed our plush pillowtop mattresses and ample wifi. Sounds like the team was accommodating as well.

I understand parking can be pricy in the downtown area. Our $35 fee is for secured underground key controlled parking. In a recent pricing study we have found that 90% of the hotels downtown are valet only with prices between $45 - $55 + tips.

All of our guest rooms are equipped with full sized refrigerators that have an automatic ice maker in them with filtered water. Next time you are in town we will be sure to get that turned on for you to prevent having to go to the ice machines. Our TV's have a moveable flex mount to ensure you can angle the TV any direction depending on where in the room you are viewing it from.

Thank you for the feedback on breakfast. Sometimes things can get a little busy with high occupancy however your feedback is great for us to ensure consistency in fully stocking items.

Next time you are in town we will get you tickets to the Seattle Street Car located one block from the hotel. For $2.50 you can hop on at Westlake and ride all the way to Westlake Center, just blocks from the Pike Place Market. We love this option versus driving or walking on busy Seattle streets.

We hope you will give us another try if you are looking for a weekend getaway again.